At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Tax Analyst is part of the Motorola Solutions, Inc. Global Tax Team supporting global corporate tax return compliance, tax planning/audits, tax accounting and financial statement reporting for a $8B multinational with operations in over 65 countries. The US tax team is located in downtown Chicago, IL with regional tax members in Canada, Asia, and Europe. We offer a dynamic work environment where your ideas and input will be valued.
The tax analyst will contribute to the overall success of the U.S tax department by working in a supportive role with the various tax functions (i.e., Federal, State, Tax Accounting, and International Tax). The position will provide a broad and diverse experience within the global corporate tax function by providing exposure to the income tax life cycle for both the international and domestic areas as it impacts financial statement tax provisions, the consolidated federal income tax return, state income tax returns, and various examination inquiries. This role will require interaction with the accounting, finance, and legal teams and will include communication with external tax advisers.
The ideal candidate for this position is one with a solid foundation of corporate tax concepts who is looking to broaden their skills in other areas of corporate taxation.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Preparing and reviewing work papers, allocations, and corporate income tax returns (federal, state, and / or international).
- Research and documentation of various international and domestic tax issues.
- Assist in the quarterly and annual tax provision process in accordance with ASC 740 Accounting for Taxes
- Support global tax compliance and planning initiatives.
- Participate in identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities in the tax compliance process to increase efficiency.
- Proactively support multiple work streams within the global corporate tax function.
- Assist with intercompany transactions, global transfer pricing issues, and foreign audit support
- CPA and / or Masters Degree in Taxation a plus.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills at both tax technical and non-technical business levels.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Proficient in MS-Word and Excel. Experience with Tax compliance software, CorpTax a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university.
2+ years of corporate tax or accounting experience
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.