CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the SVP of Finance and Treasury, this individual will be responsible for leading the CCC tax department. This will be including development and execution of the company’s tax strategy, along with development an effective corporate tax function including a balance of in-house and external resources.
- Responsible for planning, management, and review of tax outsourced compliance work (federal, state & federal) and review local filings done in-house.
- Project management of tax related special projects.
- Responsible for the analysis and evaluation of various tax related balance sheet accounts.
- Review of income tax provisions and preparation of financial statement footnote disclosures.
- Manage federal and state income tax audits and state sales tax and property tax audits.
- Monitoring tax legislation for changes affecting the company and keeping abreast of new accounting and business developments.
- Develop a tax strategy for the company and implementation plan.
- Develop a tax due diligence program for acquisitions and equity investments. Provide tax strategy guidance as required.
- Provide business and tax guidance on business strategies, including investments, divestitures and credit facility.
Provide guidance on benefits programs and related tax consequences, both to the company & employee.
The ideal candidate will have 6-10 years of broad and deep financial experience with focusing on corporate tax and strategies.
· Public accounting experience
· 5+ years of corporate tax experience required
· General/corporate accounting experience
· ASC 740 Experience
· Public company experience
· Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance is required. Master’s is preferred.
The successful candidate will also have the following performance and personal competencies:
· Technical/Functional Knowledge around Accounting, Tax Principles as well as tax Law
· A proven ability to understand different business mechanisms and how to formulate tax strategies based off those.
· Ability to interpret and present tax strategy to senior management.
About the company’s Commitment to its employees:
We offer a competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, and stock options.
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
Inclusion and Diversity is a core value at CCC.
What we also value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and values, and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate and stay strong. We regularly measure our employee’s engagement and job satisfaction and consistently score well above industry norms – our employees love their jobs!