Tax Senior Accountant at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for intelligent, driven professionals to support all aspects of the corporate tax function. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with solid knowledge of analytical tools, as well as interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and drive forward recommendations. The role will report directly to the Director of Tax and also support the State & Local Tax Manager. We are eager to meet candidates who crave impact, thrive in ambiguity, and want to experience a growing company that recently went public!
What you'll do
- Gather and organize information for third party tax return preparers.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual tax provision calculations.
- Calculate and process quarterly federal and state/local income tax estimated payments and extensions.
- Assemble data and prepare workbooks including state apportionment and tax depreciation schedules.
- Prepare annual information reporting (e.g., Form 1099-K) and withholding tax (e.g., Form 1042/1042-S) filings.
- Provide support for federal and state tax audits, including assisting with and responding to notices and gathering supporting documentation.
- Simplify and improve tax work processes.
- Assist with additional tax related projects as needed.
What we look for
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience in the financial services industry is a plus
- Proactive teammate who can seek out new opportunities, drive projects, navigate ambiguity and develop creative solutions with minimal guidance
- Strong working knowledge of research and analytical tools
- Ability to collaborate across different teams in the organization
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong Communication - ability to present and make recommendations to team members through data, insight and persuasion
- Personal Drive - willingness and desire to go the extra mile in uncovering and solving difficult business problems, even when it lies outside traditional boundaries
- Team Player - willingness and desire to be part of a strong team and contribute to a strong culture within and across organization
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.