Tax Treasury Support Specialist I at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Tax Treasury Support Specialist I is in charge of providing excellent support efforts for Paylocity's tax collections and deposits functions. You will be expected to learn multiple software products and fully support any questions or issues that may arise. The TTSS will be focused on service request completion, incident detection, reporting, and resolution, and excellent customer service. The ideal candidate is a great communicator and is able to translate technical knowledge into actionable direction. Basic computer skills are necessary, as the TTSS will use diagnostic tools, data entry applications, office products, and SQL to assist with resolution.
A successful Tax Treasury Support Specialist will have a basic understanding of payroll tax fundamentals, strong mathematical ability, great attention to detail, advanced Excel expertise, and an ability to learn, understand, and adapt to change quickly. Past experience with a payroll or HCM provider and an FPC or CPP designation would make that TTSS stand out even more!
- Monitor and prioritize help tickets and emails from internal users in a timely manner
- Actively participate in conference calls with end users to assist in answering questions and addressing concerns related to cash collections and payments
- Learn and become an expert on application features, configuration, and supported third party software
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve technical issues and critical incidents through research and analysis
- Assist end users on the modification of payroll tax transactions to ensure accurate and timely collections and payments
- Use advanced Microsoft Excel skills to break down and analyze data
- Use reporting functionality within Salesforce to provide trend analysis and performance metrics to leadership
- Work through high-level analytical problems for best resolution
- Possess a positive demeanor to work with individuals with minimal technological aptitude. Able to translate technical knowledge into actionable direction
- Search multiple knowledgebases that use support developed articles or prior troubleshooting cases as examples using Boolean, Keyword and Wildcard searches
- Bachelor's degree or Equivalent Work Experience
- Experience within Payroll Industry
- Experience within a customer service focused organization
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, dependability, and follow through
- Ability to effectively solve problems by finding and using key resources
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially with Excel, specifically being able to import data, use pivot tables, TEXTJOIN, CONCAT, and VLOOKUP
- Strong mathematical skills
- Ability to analyze data for high-level problem resolution
- Open availability for shifts dependent on business needs
- Ability to envision and write macro programs in Excel to improve process efficiencies
- Experience working with SQL databases with an ability to write custom SQL queries
- Strong technical aptitude to quickly learn new technologies/internal software systems and identify user applications
- Previous experience in a help desk/software support environment
- Experience in a banking, treasury, or other funds management role a plus!
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives