Team Lead Tax Treasury at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Tax Department is relied upon by all facets of the organization including sales, new client implementation, client support, and finance. The Team Lead position provides ongoing mentoring to Tax Specialists I, II, and III, while ensuring team deadlines are on track and maintained, on the Tax Treasury, Filing, and Notice Resolutions teams. They will work strategically with other departments to refine processes and procedures while creating and communicating long term goals with leadership. Monitor and manage high-level client escalations, as well as, agency mass issues.
- Supervise, prioritize, and distribute work to team members.
- Communicate short term and long-term priorities.
- Delegate tasks as needed
- Monitor volume of Service Cloud tickets and e-mails.
- Oversee daily processing and quality controls of money movement
- Strategize and communicate long term objectives and goals to team members and leadership
- First point of contact for client escalations and communicating with service leadership on client issues
- Investigate and resolve high level inquires, escalations, exceptions, and communicate solutions with various internal departments or clients.
- Mentoring and ongoing trainings with team members
- Individual one on one with team members, providing job technical training, and coaching.
- Ongoing group trainings and roundtables
- Participate in cross team collaboration for improved processes, business change, and procedures
- Data analysis for departmental metrics and trend management
- Ensure Cash Collection and Tax Deposit deadlines are established and met for daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual frequencies.
- Ensure the team has documented procedures, and those procedures are kept up to date.
- Communicates and disseminates information effectively to team members to ensure effective processes, regulations, and compliance adherence.
- Communicates complex issues and preventative measures to upper management
- Reviewing all files maintained by Tax Treasury are completed timely and accurately by staff.
- Keep up to date on latest developments as they affect tax regulations, tax codes and policies
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in Employment Tax or Compliance field
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in Payroll or Accounting field
- Experience with mentoring, coaching, and development
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, dependability, and follow through
- Proficient in Enterprise Employment Tax Software Tools
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially with Excel, specifically being able to import data, use pivot tables, TEXTJOIN, CONCAT, and VLOOKUP
- Certified Payroll Professional or equivalent work experience
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state and local employment tax legislation
- Ability to envision and write macro programs in Excel to improve process efficiencies
- Experience working with SQL databases with an ability to write custom SQL queries
- Strong technical aptitude to quickly learn new technologies/internal software systems and identify user applications
- Strong communication skills and problem-solving ability
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $58,221 - 81,553/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual
annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.