ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Over 100,000 of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation, CRM, and E-Commerce Personalization on G2.com and is the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Pricing starts at just $9/month. Start a free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
Reporting to the Controller, this newly-created role will be a key contributor in the Accounting group. This group leads the overall accounting, tax and payroll functions and is a business partner across the broader organization. In this role you will conduct research and communicate technical accounting and reporting matters, navigate new business initiatives and their corresponding accounting implications. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a great communicator, and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
What your day could consist of:
- Prepare quarterly and annual US GAAP financial statements, related disclosures and supporting analyses/schedules on a timely, accurate and compliant basis
- Research accounting literature and prepare technical memorandums, white papers, and internal accounting policy documentation
- Work with external auditors and subject matter experts on timely resolution of technical accounting matters. Articulate positions with external auditors
- Work with the G&A and Revenue Accounting teams to develop and maintain operational aspect of new accounting pronouncements, such as ASC 842 (Lease Accounting) implementation
- Ensure that accounting for equity awards and all stock-based compensation is gathered and recorded in accordance with US GAAP
- Drive Sarbanes-Oxley compliance effort, including design and documentation of the Company’s internal control environment. Lead ongoing testing of key internal controls
- Subject matter expert and/or reviewer of complex accounting areas such as share based compensation, equity structures, revenue recognition, lease accounting, investments and debt
- Maintain ongoing subject matter expertise on all relevant accounting standards
- Assist team with international audits, tax research and special projects as needed
What is needed:
- 8+ years of relevant experience from public accounting and/or public multinational high-tech companies.
- CPA required.
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and SEC reporting, regulations and registration (S-1 experience preferred)
- Expert communicator in all forms: written, verbal and presentation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet aggressive deadlines, while remaining detail oriented and organized.
- Location: Chicago, IL preferred.
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.