Technical Accounting Manager at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe position is part of the Corporate Controller’s organization and reports to the Assistant Corporate Controller. The Assistant Controller is responsible for external financial reporting, technical accounting and GAAP compliance, corporate consolidations, accounting and reporting for corporate functions, compliance with SOX and internal controls over financial reporting. The organization consists of approximately 7 direct reports and a number of indirect reports around the world.
The selected candidate will be responsible for all aspects of external financial reporting and accounting policy. The individual will have responsibility for Motorola Solutions’ accounting and finance policies, accounting research and issue resolution, assist with periodic SEC filings, and compliance with US GAAP and SEC regulations. He/she will focus on expanding and sharing U.S. GAAP accounting knowledge worldwide through an accounting issue resolution process, development of worldwide policies and processes, training and communication.
Scope of Responsibilities/ Expectations:
Additionally, he/she will be responsible for the following:
• Decision maker for accounting issues impacting the business worldwide
• Close involvement in the accounting aspects of acquisitions, divestitures, restructuring and capital market transactions
• Significant interface with senior management, external auditors, legal counsel, treasury, tax, HR and strategy.
• Anticipates the impact to Motorola Solutions of proposed business models, strategic initiatives and compliance/regulatory changes, including the impact to financial forecasts, financial IT systems, and financial processes and controls
• Manages relationship with the external auditor, interfaces with SEC on matters of interest, transaction structuring with external counsel and investment bankers
• Prepares comment letters on proposed U.S. and International accounting standards
• Lead the Company’s efforts to adopt new accounting standards
• Bachelors Degree (in Accounting preferred)
• Certified Public Accountant (or equivalent) preferred
• 6-8 years of experience in Accounting or Finance, including experience in technical accounting, financial reporting and accounting research
Motorola Solutions is a U.S. Federal contractor and must comply with the recent U.S. Government Executive Order requiring that Federal contractors ensure that their U.S. employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, Motorola Solutions requires all US employees, even those working from home, to be fully vaccinated unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a qualified medical condition or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation prior to moving forward with the recruitment process. As a part of this process you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, an offer for employment will not be made.
Minimum of a Bachelors degree and 5+ years of experience
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.