Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
The Treasury team ensures that the company can execute on its strategic vision by ensuring robust liquidity and capital levels through daily tactical liquidity management activities as well as developing and maintaining relationships with a diverse group of capital partners spanning the institutional investor and banking sectors.
As part of the team, you will play an integral role in supporting critical liquidity management operations and external investor reporting obligations. You will work closely with the Treasurer to monitor our liquidity position, execute sales of loan portfolios to our partners, prepare funding requests under our collateralized warehouse facilities, prepare weekly and monthly portfolio performance reports to our various financing partners, and assist in other ad-hoc analysis and financial modeling to support our liquidity and capital management strategies. You will become an expert in data quality management, partnering closely with the Business Intelligence team to ensure consistent and accurate reporting to our investors.
We are looking for someone with an interest in the financial sector, strong attention to detail, and comfort with managing multiple deadlines and projects at once. The person should ask questions and take initiative, going beyond the tasks at hand to spearhead improvements to our processes and practices. The person should be looking for a unique opportunity to discover the rapidly-growing FinTech sector from the ground up in a fast-phased, dynamic start-up atmosphere.
What you do at Avant:
- Join a lean team that owns treasury and capital markets strategy across the entire firm.
- Take on responsibility to monitor and manage the firm’s liquidity levels.
- Learn to monitor and manage data quality within large data sets.
- Take part in strategic capital markets planning and execution.
- Work across cross-functionally with FP &A, Accounting, Data Services, Business Intelligence teams to manage and improve processes
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- 1+ years of work experience in finance or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree (in business, finance, and/or accounting a plus)Proficiency with Excel and other Office products.
- Desire to work with vast data sets.
- Analytical orientation to decision making.
- Ability and interest in understanding treasury and capital markets strategy of a leading digital consumer lending company.
- High level of inquisitiveness, initiative, and critical thinking.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at once.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and dynamic environment
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.