Treasury and Capital Markets Internship at OppFi (Chicago, IL or Remote)
Internships at OppFi
At OppFi, interns make a real-world impact, handling projects that require higher-level thinking, collaboration, and leadership. Interns operate as full-time team members and have been responsible for creating systems, tools, and practices that tangibly improve our bottom line and are still used today.
As a participant in our internship program, you'll be part of a cohort of interns across 13+ departments. In addition to the work you'll do within your department, you'll get to know your fellow interns through a variety of collaborative projects and virtual social events.
We provide interns with career development opportunities including regular lunch and learns with leadership team members and a buddy program that pairs each intern with a tenured employee who serves as a friend and mentor. Our full-time employee base boasts a robust population of 20+ former interns, and whenever possible, we aim to extend full-time offers to interns who perform at a high level and achieve their summer goals.
This is a 10-week paid summer internship that will be remote flexible.
- Develop financial models for liquidity and cash flow management that affect our overall cash strategy.
- Build reporting and analyses on visible products for senior management.
- Create forecasting tools for covenant compliance.
- Prepare investor, board, and management presentations.
- Identify opportunities for automation that improve manual processes and increase team bandwidth.
- Develop internal dashboards that measure predetermined Goals for CM and Treasury strategy.
- Prepare reporting for lenders, bank partners and internal usage that directly influences daily, weekly and monthly cash forecasts.
- Pursuing Bachelor's in BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or other quantitative degree, or equivalent work/internship experience.
- Graduating in June 2023 or December 2022.
- Summarize large volumes of information into a streamlined, digestible manner.
- Advanced Excel - Pivot Tables/VLookups, experience working with large datasets.
- Familiarity with accounting/forecasting concepts.
- Accuracy regarding data entry and analysis.
- Bonus skills: experience with SQL/any other programming language, experience with data analysis.
The minimum summer salary for this role is $10,000. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations.
OppFi is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any actual or perceived legally recognized protected bases under local, state, or federal law or regulations. Our goal as a company is to build an equitable workplace that actively works to dismantle systems of oppression in our processes, procedures, and interactions. We aim to help our employees thrive where they work and beyond. Check out our Culture page here.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected]