Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
Avant is looking for a new Analyst to join the Treasury Operations - Payment Processing team in Chicago. The Payment Processing team is responsible for ensuring customer’s payments are processed timely and accurately across the different product lines. Payments can be received in the form of ACH, debit card, credit card and paper check. The Analyst will join a team of 5 and play a pivotal role within the group.
What you do at Avant:
- Join a team that’s responsible for payment processing files for Avant’s clients.
- Take on responsibility to monitor and manage payments covering Avant’s core products.
- Responsible for lock-box processing for paper check payments.
- File formatting and transmission timeliness for ACH and Card payments.
- Reconciliation between systems and bank records.
- Learn to monitor and manage data quality within large data sets utilizing Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets and SQL reporting.
- Take part in team building, process improvements and execution of daily critical tasks.
- Work cross-functionally with FP&A, Accounting, Data Services, Business Intelligence teams to manage business and improve processes.
Why you might own at Avant:
- Cross Training initiatives within the team.
- Procedure creation and updates as needed.
- Process Improvement sessions.
- Identification of issues and concerns.
- Escalations as required.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- 1+ years of work experience in banking/finance or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree (in business, finance, and/or accounting a plus).
- Proficiency with Excel and other Office products.
- Flexible working traits within a team environment.
- Desire to work with vast data sets.
- Analytical orientation to decision making.
- High level of inquisitiveness, initiative, and critical thinking.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines at once.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.