Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
The Treasury Operations team is at the core of the company, and enables the execution of its strategic vision by ensuring that payments and cash management operate a world class level.
As a member of the Treasury Operations team, you will manage 5 Treasury Operations professionals responsible for the payments and cash management of the company. You will work closely with the Operations Strategy and Product teams to develop and execute on payments execution and strategic initiatives. You will manage the execution of ACH, card, and paper check payment processing, payment application and cash reconciliation for all products and Avant serviced Amount bank partners. You will develop and maintain relationships with the critical payment processing vendors and stay up to date with payment industry best practices. You will become an expert in data quality management and the end to end processes of the customer payments life cycle.
We are looking for someone with an interest in the financial sector, strong attention to detail, and comfort with managing multiple deadlines and projects at once. The person will manage a team of Treasury Operations professionals and spearhead improvements to our processes and practices. The person should be looking for a unique opportunity to join the rapidly-growing FinTech sector from the ground up in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up atmosphere.
What you do at Avant:
- Manage daily reconciliation between bank activity and customer payments on the Avant platform.
- Management of daily bank files including, but not limited to, ACH debit files, customer refunds and loan originations.
- Oversee payment application of customer paper checks.
- Help develop Treasury Operations procedures and maintain thorough documentation.
- Partner with cross functional teams on payment related projects and initiatives.
- Manage a team of 5 Treasury Operations personnel.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- 3+ years of Treasury/Finance operations or cash management experience
- Strong Excel knowledge and technical aptitude
- Experience on performing data analysis and reporting
- Great communication skills, organized and detail-oriented, ability to multitask and be a team player
- Flexible to changes and strive in a fast moving working culture
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Experience preferably in Fintech or on a Finance team
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience with reporting tools and analytics
- People management experience
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.