ABOUT THE ROLE:
As US Controller, you will report to the Global Controller. You will have the opportunity to be responsible for the entire US accounting function (e.g. General ledger management, financial reporting, billing, disbursements, audits, etc.). This role will provide visibility to all aspects of the business (Finance, HR, Sales, Marketing, etc.) across all levels and is best suited for someone interested in technology that wants to work in a start-up environment.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of period end close procedures, reporting, and analysis
- Work closely with auditors and global accounting team to plan and manage the annual financial statement audit and other audits as required
- Ensure compliance and timely filing of applicable taxes including, but not limited to, sales, use, and corporate income taxes.
- Act as a change agent to increase operational effectiveness through continuous policy and process improvement
- Adapt, evolve, and implement accounting information systems to meet business needs
- Monitor and improve control environment
- Lead and manage US accounting team
- Manage US Payroll
- Other duties as required
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Experience with Intacct and Concur a plus
- Experience serving as critical partner to senior executives.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for working in a start-up environment
- Must be a working manager able to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter and detail oriented
- 7-10 years of prior experience in audit (big four preferred) or industry. Experience working with software as a service businesses a plus.
- Previous management and supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Prior experience at a start-up is not required
We offer a challenging job in a dynamic international environment. At 4C you have the opportunity to make an impact. We are proud of our open and informal culture. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Matching 401K, Unlimited Vacation and Maternity and Paternity Leave. The salary will be commensurate with experience.