Vendor Oversight & Compliance Advisory Analyst
What you do at Avant
- Act as the Compliance Department’s Vendor Subject Matter Expert (SME) by performing compliance-oriented due diligence on all newly proposed vendors. Discuss findings with senior Compliance leadership.
- Collaborate with Vendor Owners and other Vendor Committee members in the performance of your vendor review responsibilities.
- Perform on-site and remote compliance audits regarding the business practices of Avant’s highest-risk vendors.
- Assist senior Compliance leadership in reviewing and, where necessary, providing effective challenge to the business regarding newly proposed business initiatives.
- Maintain awareness of relevant regulations and guidance, including, but not limited to, FDCPA, TILA, TCPA, FCRA, ECOA, SCRA, MLA, GLBA, UDAAP, and third party vendor management.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts, including improving department policies, procedures, and controls.
- Other duties as assigned.
Why you are a fit for Avant
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years of financial services regulatory compliance experience (bank experience preferred)
- Strong background in federal and state consumer finance laws
- Prior compliance experience related to third party vendor relationships
- Strong understanding of regulatory guidance for vendor oversight/third party relationships
- Demonstrated history of taking personal initiative
- Eagerness to learn new skills
- Past proven ability to handle and execute on complex projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent ability to analyze and interpret data (experience with SQL is ideal)
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Able to effectively collaborate with other departments and external parties
Why Avant is a fit for you: At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:We value, support, and help each other growWe are committed to active inclusion and diversityWe are transparent and believe the best idea winsWe succeed when our customers succeedWe get sh!t done… responsiblyAnd we keep it fun! We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.