Venture Capital Analyst at DRW
DRW Venture Capital is a private investor in financial and enterprise technology. Our team focuses on businesses that will benefit from our engagement beyond capital: as a client, as a liquidity provider, through our review of new products, and through our deep industry expertise. We focus on venture capital and growth equity investments in companies with a minimum of $5mn in revenue. Our portfolio comprises 25 companies including ErisX, OpenFin, Cuebiq and TradingView.
As an Analyst, you will have meaningful exposure to all aspects of private company investing. The role requires a strong sense of self-motivation and quantitative skills. You will play a pivotal role in the evaluation of new opportunities and in the ongoing performance monitoring of the entire portfolio and have the opportunity to regularly interact with portfolio company senior management teams and co-investors.
In this role you’ll...
- Learn from entrepreneurial colleagues that have been leading innovation in technology and financial markets for 25+ years
- Play a critical role within an established platform, leveraging DRW’s position as a major market participant and technology innovator to find compelling opportunities and add value to portfolio companies
- Solidify core investing skills with countless opportunities to grow responsibilities
What you’ll do in this role…
- Sourcing: Manage pipeline of inbound leads from co-investors, entrepreneurs, and DRW employees and generate outbound opportunities through industry research, conferences, and networking
- Diligence: Prepare and present investment memos and pitch decks for new and follow-on investments based on fundamental analysis and market research
- Financial Analysis: Prepare valuations for current and pipeline opportunities including DCF, public and private comparables and transaction analysis
- Deal Structuring: Assist with deal structuring and the evaluation of term sheets
- Value Creation: Support portfolio company management teams to develop corporate strategy, evaluate M&A opportunities, assess new business lines, and other projects as needed
- Portfolio Monitoring: Monitor current investments and portfolio performance via regular valuations, cap table and waterfall analysis and tracking company performance
- Industry Research: Actively read and seek out new information sources to stay abreast of industry trends. Prepare analysis and research work for the group
You will be right at home if you have…
- Up to 2 years of experience in Venture Capital, Investment Banking, Consulting or Finance
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or related field
- Previous exposure to valuation modeling (LBOs, liquidation waterfalls, cap tables, DCF, etc.) and a high level of proficiency in Excel
- A strong passion for investing and evaluating investment opportunities both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Limitless curiosity about business models and understanding how companies make money
- Strong attention to detail
- A strong sense of urgency and self-motivation
- An interest in the fintech investment category and in gaining exposure to companies across that landscape including cryptocurrency, trading platforms, data businesses and technology companies
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.