DRW Venture Capital is a private investor in financial and enterprise technology. Our team focuses on businesses that will benefit from our engagement beyond capital: as a client, as a liquidity provider, through our review of new products, and through our deep industry expertise in financial services. We focus on venture capital and growth equity investments in companies with a minimum of $5mn in revenue, are stage agnostic and are looking for an Associate to join the team that has a strong investment skillset who can both contribute to and lead process together with the team. Our portfolio comprises 25 companies including ErisX, OpenFin, Cuebiq and TradingView.
As an Associate, you will have meaningful exposure to all aspects of private company investing on a small team across the value chain from earlier stage businesses to pre-IPO. The role requires a strong sense of self-motivation, quantitative skills and good process. You will play a pivotal role in the evaluation of new opportunities and in the ongoing performance monitoring of the entire portfolio and have the opportunity to regularly interact with portfolio company senior management teams and co-investors.
In this role you’ll...
- Contribute to a team and organization that has been leading innovation in technology and financial markets for 25+ years
- Play a critical role within an established platform, leveraging DRW’s position as a major market participant and technology innovator to screen and evaluate new opportunities, process live transactions, and add value to existing portfolio companies
- Perform a critical role in forming research and leading work-product to help inform investment decisions
What you’ll do in this role…
- Financial Analysis: Prepare and review team work-product, including valuations for current and pipeline opportunities including DCF, public and private comparables and transaction analysis, in addition to waterfall analysis
- Industry Research: Contribute strong baseline knowledge the financial services space to help prepare analysis and research presentations for the group.
- Deal Structuring: Assist with deal structuring and the evaluation of term sheets, model economic impact
- Diligence: Prepare and present investment memos and pitch decks for new and follow-on investments based on fundamental analysis and market research
- Value Creation: Support portfolio company management teams to develop corporate strategy, evaluate M&A opportunities, assess new business lines, and other projects as needed
- Portfolio Monitoring: Monitor current investments and track key metrics and company performance
You will be right at home if you have…
- 2-3 years of experience in Investment Banking, Consulting or Finance
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or related field
- Deep understanding of valuation and modeling (LBOs, liquidation waterfalls, cap tables, DCF, etc.) and a high level of proficiency in Excel to complete this work accurately
- A strong passion for investing and evaluating investment opportunities both quantitatively and qualitatively, high level of proficiency in PowerPoint to distill information / key concepts into presentation format
- Strong attention to detail
- A strong sense of urgency and self-motivation to work autonomously
- Limitless curiosity about business models and understanding of how companies make money
- An interest in the fintech investment category and in gaining exposure to companies across that landscape including cryptocurrency, trading platforms, data businesses and technology companies
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.