Vice President, Finance
Purpose of Position: The Vice President, Finance is responsible for leading the finance and accounting team for FTD.com and partnering with the General Manager of FTD's floral business and the rest of the FTD's floral business leadership team to lead FTD's floral business. The Vice President, Finance will ensure all accounting activities are in accordance with the company's accounting policies, reporting requirements and internal control procedures. This role will also lead financial analysis and business analytics for the business, playing a key role in the management of business performance during the year, and leading annual planning and strategic planning work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Business partner to General Manager. Able to assist in complex decision making and collaborate on business strategy.
- A strong team leader with the ability to build and develop a high-performance finance organization.
- Strong FP&A skills: 1) ability to generate insights from data; 2) ability to create accurate forecasts and forecasting models; 3) ability to develop KPIs and other reporting and tools that support the business's continuous improvement.
- Strong understanding of accounting and ability to lead monthly/quarterly/annual accounting processes for FTD.com, including, but not limited to, review of month-end accounting reports, journal entries, accruals, revenue recognition, variance analyses and reviews with management.
- Ability to communicate and maintain high standards for compliance and control environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: .
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA or CPA preferred
- Strong experience in public accounting or with a well-regarded company
- Progressive experience in accounting, financial reporting, financial budgeting/planning and financial analysis with at least 10 years of such experience
- Experience leading a finance team and a diverse group of business and functional constituents in a matrix management organization
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborates successfully with peers and extended leadership team
- Must possess excellent analytical skills and have the confidence to challenge management in various situations.