Vice President of Finance
Truss is a leading online marketplace to help small and medium sized business owners find, tour and lease space. Our tech-enabled platform and our people help you find the right space for the best price in record time. Our technology enables business owners to find the right space confidently by comparing spaces in our marketplace. Truss also offers dedicated brokers who act as the point person throughout the seamless process. Plus, we are the only platform to offer price transparency for small business owners, which means we’re the only site to compare pricing on traditional office space and coworking space.
To date, Truss has received $24 million of venture funding and has grown rapidly to over 45 employees in just over 2 years. Truss offers a culture that is based on growth and innovation and offers terrific benefits including a 401k match, low-cost healthcare benefits, and the ability to lay the groundwork for growth with a world-class tech team. And the industry has taken notice – we won CRE Tech Awards for Best Listing Marketplace and Tech-Enhance Brokerage, along with a Chicago Innovation Award.
For more information about Truss, visit us at www.truss.co.
Truss is seeking a Vice President of Finance to handle all aspects of the company’s financial management and reporting needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transaction related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Analyze financial results regarding profits, trends, costs and compliance with budget.
- Create detailed financial reporting to senior management.
- Develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting.
- Ensure that records are maintained according to GAAP.
- Assist executive management in financial planning and creating financial models.
- Coordination and preparation of tax schedules, returns and information and coordinating with outside accounting agencies.
- Coordination with valuation firms.
- Interaction with venture capital partners and Board of Directors.
- Management of financial analyst / bookkeeper and other departmental headcount.
- Current financial professional with at least 7-10 years of financial/accounting job experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business. CPA and/or CMA preferred but not required.
- Recent experience scaling a financial operation to at least $50 million in annual revenue.
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment with fluctuating priorities.
- Experience in a marketplace, Ecommerce and/or service business.
- Technically proficient with Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel required.
- Experience implementing and using enterprise accounting systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, Sage).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work without direct supervision and efficiently manage tasks and meet deadlines.
- Process and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Attractive compensation + bonus plan and group benefits (which include health, dental, vision, short-term disability, voluntary life insurance, Flexible Spending, 401(k) match and an expense account).