Vice President, Industrial Sector Credit Rating Analyst at Morningstar
Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC is a subsidiary of Morningstar, Inc. and a Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organization with a reputation for high-quality ratings and investor-focused analysis. We specialize in assigning credit ratings and publishing research to help investors make better financial decisions. Our services include new-issue ratings and analysis, operational risk assessments, surveillance services, data, and technology solutions.
The Vice President, Industrials Sector Credit Rating Analyst will lead the analysis for new issue ratings within the industrial sector and maintain surveillance on a portfolio of existing ratings. The VP will be expected to publish thought leading research on the industrial sector in order to highlight MCR’s subject matter expertise. In addition, in this role, you will meet with issuers, institutional investors, and investment bankers to educate market participants on this methodology and Morningstar’s differentiated and forward-looking approach to rating credit risk.
• Conduct analysis including developing detailed cash flow models, prepare credit rating materials, present, and recommend ratings on new transactions and existing ratings to Credit Rating Committee.
• Maintain ongoing surveillance of assigned issuers including updating credit reports and financial models.
• Interview company management teams to understand individual credit drivers. Meet with issuers, bankers, and investors to educate market participants on MCR’s rating methodology.
• Author thought leading research on the industrial sector highlighting MCR’s subject matter expertise.
• Publish concise and timely credit notes as appropriate for your list of companies in response to news and other events affecting the credits.
• Contribute to the credit rating team in other ways including enhancing the research product and process, developing into a voting member of the credit committee, and assuming responsibility for special projects.
• 7+ years of experience performing corporate credit analysis on issuers within the industrial sector.
• A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with a focus on accounting or finance, a CFA designation, MBA and/or CPA preferred.
• Rating agency experience desired.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to speak comfortably with senior company managers and institutional investors.
• Ability and willingness to adjust work hours as needed to accommodate a demanding work schedule.
• The ability to formulate opinions and make timely recommendations under tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to be organized and manage a project against a timeline.
• A dynamic personality with a desire to build a business within corporate credit research.
• Strong excel modeling skills and familiarity with Bloomberg.
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your experience and interest in the position.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
027_RealpointLLC Morningstar Credit Ratings LLC Legal Entity