VP Audit at OCC
The Vice President, Internal Audit will:
- Provide leadership and support across the organization in executing strategic goals of the internal audit function. This position will lead and direct Internal Audit services, teams and deliverables.
- Be a support leader for enterprise wide Internal Audit infrastructure including but not limited to Policies, Procedures, Standards, Guidance, Audit Universe, Risk Assessments, Controls Advisory, Co-Sourcing Management, Service Quality, Regulatory Management and Stakeholder Management.
- Direct and oversee the quality execution of Internal Audits and Special Projects in accordance with Internal Audit Department Policies and Procedures.
- Be the accountable leader for completion of and presentation of comprehensive audit reports identifying key risk issues and appropriate resolutions.
- Provide expert advice on process and controls auditing and optimization across OCC, building effective relationships with senior and business line leadership to support achievement of their goals.
- Have regular interaction with a variety of stakeholders and be expected to monitor and manage stakeholder expectations. Stakeholders may include among others, OCC Board of Directors, risk management and internal control functions and the SEC, CFTC, Federal Reserve Bank and external auditors.
- Manage a staff of Audit Managers and Auditors and well as Co-Source programs and teams.
- Lead the design, execution and maintenance of Internal Audit infrastructure (programs/ processes, technology, human capital) to meet the requirements of Regulators, IIA Standards and OCC’s designation as a SIFMU/ CCP.
- Partner with Internal Audit and Management leaders to perform annual and periodic risk assessments leading to the development and maintenance of a comprehensive risk based audit plan. Plan must provide comprehensive and effective coverage for all OCC process and activities.
- Provide leadership direction to IAD teams in establishing detailed scope requirements, timelines, processes and budgets.
- Oversee, direct and quality assure internal audits and special projects.
- Ensure audits adhere to industry standards, regulatory requirements and OCC policies and procedures.
- Deliver audits with complete and accurate results, in a timely manner and within budget.
- Assess risks identified through executed audits and advise Management on improving controls and processes to mitigate such risks.
- Manage internal audit requests from regulatory organizations and external auditors providing timely and accurate responses.
- Maintain effective relationships and support management in achievement of goals.
- Effectively lead audit staff providing clear direction, establishing measurable performance expectations and providing effective coaching, feedback and recognition/ motivation.
- Stay current with best practices in Internal Auditing, the financial services industry, technology and cyber security.
- Effectively present ideas and recommendations orally and in writing to staff and senior management.
- Provide leadership for directors, managers, staff and Co-Sourcing teams.
- Leadership expertise in internal audit procedures, including audit planning and risk assessment techniques and methods used to examine, verify, and analyze financial and operating records, statements, and reports.
- Advanced knowledge of the requirements of the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Functional and Internal Audit expertise in enterprise technology and security of a CCP or similarly complex high-throughput online transaction processing (OLTP) operation.
- Good understanding of operating and auditing in a highly regulated industry.
- Comfort with understanding the interaction between complex technology, regulations and business processes.
- Experience performing inherent and residual risk assessments and assessing design and operational effectiveness of applicable controls.
- Experience with business application systems and related internal control concepts, and experience working with information systems, from an audit and control perspective.
- Ability to understand how business requirements drive technology implementations, and how these are utilized by the business to achieve its mission and objectives.
- Strong proficiency using Archer or other audit software or eGRC tool.
- Minimum of ten years of experience leading/managing teams to conduct risk based audits and projects, business process reviews and internal audits across various environments. Experience in financial services/security industry including working with regulatory organizations, such as the SEC, CFTC, Federal Reserve Bank, preferred.
- Experience within Capital Markets, SIFMU, CCP and/ or Financial Services preferred.
- Demonstrated success in leading audit projects and implementing audit best practices in a complex technology environment. Demonstrated success in identifying operational and regulatory risks in highly complex IT environment and implementing controls/processes to mitigate the risks.
- Exceptional customer service and collaboration skills required. Strong influence, analytical and verbal/written communication skills required.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Advanced degree in Business Administration, Economics, Risk Management, Finance, Information Technology, Operations or a related field is preferred.
- Auditing certification (e.g. Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor) is required.