VP of Finance at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is the VP of Finance at Clearcover?
Clearcover is looking for a strategic and forward-focused insurance finance executive with experience building high performing teams combined with proven business savvy and superior statutory and GAAP knowledge specific to property and casualty insurance. Experience and appreciation of lifetime value concepts inherent with personal auto insurance will be key to achieving performance objectives in this role.
This role will be a VP level role that reports to Clearcover’s Chief Financial Officer and will function as the Chief Financial Officer for Clearcover Insurance Company in addition to supporting accounting functions for all Clearcover entities.
What are your responsibilities?
- Direct the organization's, insurance entity financial reporting and accounting, treasury, investment management and internal audit efforts for all entities
- Manage financial reporting relationships with regulators, reinsurers, auditors and board of directors
- Play a key role in building relationships with ratings agencies and industry regulators
- Serve as a credible, knowledgeable and trusted resource to the senior leadership team
- Offer the quality, meaningful business analysis and financial perspective necessary for corporate decisions and strategic planning
- Assess the impact of key strategic transactional opportunity
- Capital planning, reinsurance placements and contract negotiation
What do you need?
- 10+ years of accounting or finance experience; 10+ years of management experience in the insurance industry
- Thorough knowledge of NAIC statutory accounting and tax accounting; understanding of and/or experience in GAAP reporting
- Experience interacting with a board of directors, audit and investment committees, and other board-level executives
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Certified Public Accountant
What's in it for you?
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- The ability to invest in your future and ours via a competitive equity package (i.e. massive upside potential)
- The ability to build and shape the entire insurance organization of a rapidly growing, disruptive technology startup
- Reporting to our C-Suite, you will have a strong influence on Clearcover’s overall strategy and operations