VP, Treasury at Affirm (Remote)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to lead our Treasury functions. You will have an outstanding opportunity to work cross-functionally and use quantitative insights to drive better decision-making across the whole organization. Treasury is responsible for all elements of Affirm cash, funding, and risk management, including ensuring adequate liquidity to meet Affirm’s operational and strategic goals. The ideal candidate will not only have the technical skills to support their recommendations, but also strong communication to collaborate with various partners.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead all Treasury functions across US and International markets
- Responsible for all elements of Affirm cash, funding, and risk management, including ensuring adequate liquidity to meet Affirm’s operational and strategic goals, establishing robust funding and liquidity plans, ensuring accurate governance and controls, and performing reconciliation activities with external partners - e.g., Accounting and Strategic Finance teams (aka - Financial, Planning & Analysis)
- Work cross functionally with Capital Markets, Technology Engineering and Product Management, Credit Analytics, Internal Audit, and Strategic Finance teams
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to develop annual budget
- Optimize funding and liquidity decisions
- Primary business owner for development and implementation of daily cash reconciliation solutions and other bank engineering tools as well as controls
- Build and maintain knowledge of regulatory issues related to interest rate and foreign exchange risk, capital and liquidity management
- Conduct research on and stay abreast of new regulations and their impact on prospective firm initiatives
- Partner in the development of new products and advise on regulatory implications
- Develop analytical reporting framework for senior management, business partners, and regulators
- Prepare materials and lead internal risk management committee meetings e.g., ALCO etc.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 8+ years of financial services experience in Treasury or related financial function
- 10 years total experience BA/BS required; CFA or similar certifications are a plus
- Experience at lending institution(s) is a plus
- Collaborative People Leader with successful track-record leading a dynamic team
- Strong financial modeling experience, including framework development, documentation, validation, governance, integration, automation and metric creation
- Demonstrable experience establishing robust Treasury processes and systems
- Flexibility with changing requirements in an evolving and fast-paced environment
- Comfort working with engineers and technical partners across the organization
- Knowledge of structured finance and broader secured financing products; familiarity with secured financing transactions
- Experience with interest rate derivatives, foreign exchange risk management, reporting, stress testing, and collateral requirements
- Knowledge and/or experience should include: asset liability management, interest rate risk, SNL
- Excellent communication and formal presentation skills
- If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling passionate about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Location - Remote U.S.
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.