Head of Cancer Registry
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic and clinical data is used in clinical settings.
We are looking for a Head of Cancer Registry who will be responsible for quality control, training and management of a large team of abstractors. The Head of Cancer Registry will oversee abstraction of thousands of clinical cases per year, and will design, implement and maintain a best in class quality assurance program. This role requires experience managing remote and on-site employees, reviewing abstractions, and training large teams of abstractors regularly.
- Full-time, Chicago-based opportunity
- Any of the following: Certified Tumor Registrar or CTR-eligible, an Associate’s degree in Medical Record Technology from an accredited program, a Bachelor’s degree in biology, health sciences, or other related majors
- 3+ years as a cancer registrar, 4+ years as a lead abstractor or head of abstractoin
- Previous experience managing a large team of abstractors and implementing a quality assurance program
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and GoogleSheets
- Anatomy and physiology knowledge
- Previous experience handling or documenting clinical documents
- Medical terminology
- Knowledge of cancer types including classification by morphology code
- Cancer staging schemes
- Knowledge and ability to maintain ACOS cancer registry requirements
- Experience with cancer registry systems
- Knowledge of cancer treatment regimens and associated outcomes