HR Specialist (Temp)
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages. As a temporary employee (4-5 months) on the People Team as an HR Specialist, you will gain a wide range of valuable HR experience.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Processing terminations and unemployment
- Processing change of assignments
- Pulling, analyzing, and reporting on HR data sets
- Managing compliance
- Creating and implementing new HR processes
- Partnering with the HR Business Partners and SVP of HR for process improvement
- Collaborating with HRBPs on daily tasks
- Partnering with Payroll on HR matters including termination, etc
- Collaborating with auditors
- Managing the People Team inbox
- Sending out communication to various groups throughout the org
- Assisting on special projects as needed
You Should Have
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage a high volume of work with constantly changing priorities
- Strong time management and the ability to meet strict deadlines
Got These? Even Better:
- 1-3 Years of HR experience
- Knowledge of federal and state laws
And Of Course, Perks!
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.