Location 102 WILMOT RD , DEERFIELD, IL
The HR Information Systems Analyst is a member of the HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems) team within the Shared Services division of Human Resources. Partners with areas such as HR, IT, Finance, and Payroll to support/enhance core HR systems, data analysis, and reporting, while managing ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects to meet deadlines. Provides end-user support for functional and process-related issues, makes recommendations on process and system improvements and works with business /IT to documents requirements for projects and enhancements.
Responsible for generating standard queries and reports and analysis of employee-related data. Consults with business users to understand data and reporting needs. Through trend analysis, makes recommendations and identifies opportunities for improvement to HR functional areas.
- Performs systems configuration support, coordination, and maintenance of systems functionality. Prepares user test plans and communicates them. Incumbent may be responsible for specific and/or multiple HR application.
- Provides support to end-users through system configuration and recommendations to enhance user experience. Researches and approves systems access based on security protocols and guidelines.
- Guides troubleshooting of system and coordinates implementation and releases.
- Executes test scripts for testing of new data elements and releases; documents and analyzes test results.
- Develop system and process documentation to support the communication of any new process or implementation and to support user training.
- Works with appropriate parties within HR, IT, Finance, Payroll and other relevant departments to help deliver robust and well-supported data integration’s between relevant systems.
- Performs routine data quality checks to identify data problems and reports these to HRIS Management.
- Consults with end users on basic to mid-level reporting solutions. Determines how data can be used to support client reporting needs and business decisions.
- Schedules, designs and executes standard and ad-hoc reports to retrieve data from multiple sources and systems. Works with Business intelligence tool and/or Microsoft Excel or Access to perform specialized formatting, analysis and processing of reports.
- Partners with areas such as HR, IT, Finance, and Payroll to ensure data quality, and usefulness of standard and ad-hoc reports in comparison with requests. Documents explanations of data and implications of data analyses to users expressing and interpreting technical terminology to non-technical customers.
- Analyzes and compares historical HR data from multiple systems and makes recommendations to appropriate stakeholders. Creates, prepares and presents various reports to upper management and department on HR division data, trends and results.
- Provide support on projects and may lead and implement a segment of a larger HRIS project including testing and documentation. Coordinates project team activities/tasks.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s degree OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 3 years of experience analyzing and reporting data (i.e., Human Resources data, financial analysis, data integrity)and data administration.
- Experience configuring, enhancing, and testing HRIS systems such as SAP/EC.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience with SAP Employee Central/ Employee Central Payroll and other SAP modules (compensation, learning, performance management, and succession planning).
- Prior experience with SAP HR Employee central administration i.e position management, organization hierarchy, Business rules, workflows etc
- Provide support for SAP HR employee central including troubleshooting, researching and resolving HRIS problems.
- May assist in maintenance, troubleshooting and enhancements to modules of SAP
- Coordinate with other shared services teams and functions to ensure all process steps and integrations are in place.
- Experience coordinating mass upload of data for new acquisitions and/or new data fields.
- Document and maintain workbooks and processes
- Assist in quarterly release testing, develop test scripts and quarterly SAP HR employee central maintenance activities
- Develop (and maintain) concise and clear user procedures, guidelines and documentation
- Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data
- At least 1-2 years of proven HRIS / System administrator experience
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines