Associate Recruiter at OppFi
OppFi is a leading financial technology platform that powers banks to help the everyday consumer gain access to credit. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, OppFi helps consumers who are turned away by traditional providers build a better financial path. OppFi is an Inc. 5000 company for five straight years, a Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, and the seventh fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain's Chicago Business. The company was also named on Forbes America 2021 list of America's Best Startup Employers and Built In's 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago. We welcome individuals to join us in facilitating financial inclusion and credit access for everyday consumers to live the life they deserve.
OppFi is a team of caring, innovative, and inclusive individuals with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Our employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every day and know you are a part of making a difference. Our company values guide us and create an open and collaborative culture where we hold the door, say what we see, do what we say, and dare to win together!What you’ll get to do:
OppFi is seeking an experienced, internal recruiter to discover and connect with diverse talent for our corporate functions -- IT Security, Engineering, Product, Strategy & Development, and Compliance (and growing!). You will be responsible for attracting, sourcing, and hiring top talent as a true business partner to leaders across the company. You’ll teach and train our hiring managers as an expert in best practices for inventive, cutting-edge hiring methods. You’ll also help scale our recruiting function and have a passion for ensuring a best-in-industry candidate experience.What you will bring to the team:
- Internal corporate recruiting experience. Additional agency recruiting experience is a plus.
- Proven results in engaging passive candidates quickly and through creative sourcing strategies.
- Experience creating and executing a sourcing and partnership strategy to increase diversity in all of the corporate functions across the organization.
- Experience working within an ATS. Experience working with Greenhouse is a plus.
- Networking-oriented; enjoys networking as part of your recruiting strategy.
- Experience prioritizing multiple searches and projects.
- Expertise continuously and proactively building a candidate pipeline.
- Desire to attend networking events, meetups, and conferences to attract talent and stay connected with the market (when safe to do so!).
- A collaborative mindset working with hiring teams to create an inclusive interview process and advise on best practices.
- Ability to identify closing strategies for offers and provide candidates with the right information to help make their decision as easy as possible; provide an exceptionally positive candidate experience.
- Ability to organize and drive recruiting projects to completion while documenting the results and takeaways.
- A data-driven approach to recruiting and funnel metrics.
This role will report to the Manager of Recruiting and has the flexibility to be 100% remote.
Job Level: AssociateDefine your career at OppFi
OppFi is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New team members go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppFi plays a part in that.
- Define your goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppFis’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Business Resource Groups and other programs are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppFi offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness & growth, we provide monthly meditation and yoga classes and access to all LinkedIn Learning courses. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
Our goal as a company is to build an equitable workplace that actively works to dismantle systems of oppression in our processes, procedures, and interactions. We aim to help our employees thrive where they work and beyond. Check out our Culture page here.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].