The Student Success team is made of highly energetic individuals who are relentless in assisting students on their path to graduation. We are seeking a dynamic Associate Student Success Coordinator who will focus on supporting online students at our traditional university partners, helping those students to achieve academic success. The Associate Student Success Coordinator builds relationships with online students, encouraging them to set themselves up for success; monitors students’ progress; and implements solutions to help them when they are struggling.
This position reports to the Student Success Coordinator II and is based in Chicago, IL.
The ideal candidate
- Is relentlessly determined, driven to clear all obstacles to address student concerns
- Has a demonstrated track record of supporting students in higher education programs
- Is prompt and reliable with regard to working hours
- Is accountable for arranging coverage, so students always receive outstanding service
- Exhibits meticulous attention to detail
- Is an excellent and patient communicator, comfortable interacting with students, executive and academic leadership, faculty, and technologists, and curriculum production teams
- Displays the highest levels of integrity
- Operates with a strong work ethic, requiring minimal supervision
- Interacts with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment
- Wants to be part of a great team
- Has a curious and creative mindset – enjoys change!
- Be available by phone, email, and chat during coverage hours, so students can depend on receiving your live, personal answer and do not go into voice mail or give up and hang up
- Provide outstanding student service by responding warmly and accurately to phone, text, email, and other inquiries from online students
- Conduct Academic Success Meetings with students by telephone, helping them each to make a learning plan to maximize the chances of successfully graduating with a degree
- Assume accountability for student retention, leaving no stone unturned to help students to re-register each term and remain enrolled in their academic programs
- Follow communication protocols and student success processes, smoothing communication with stakeholders including students, faculty, university administrators, and Everspring departments
- Monitor student activity, intervening quickly to connect with students who are not engaging in class
- Participate in student orientation, ensuring that students get off to a good start in the programs and receive rapid answers to technology questions
- Work closely with multiple departments, including student services departments at our university partners, faculty, analytics, technology, curriculum, production, etc.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 1 to 3 years of experience in higher education student advising, mentoring, teaching, or related area
- Experience advising online students over the phone highly preferred
- Excellent listening skills, including the ability to interact with others fluently using remote communication tools such as telephone, email, instant messaging, and social networks
- Outstanding oral and written communication and interpersonal relationship building skills
- Strong belief in the value of education for creating success in life
- Superior ability with MS Office and computers (both Mac and PC), and especially with MS Excel
- Comfort learning and using new technology systems
- Facility in conflict management and problem resolution
Everspring, Inc. is an ed-tech trailblazer. We create customized, integrated digital solutions that enable top universities to design and deliver their programs online, with excellence. Our exceptional technology platform and complementary services empower universities to focus on teaching engaging content that transforms lives.
We offer a range of full-service turnkey solutions and fee-for-service offerings, as well as a set of innovative standalone products. We deliver industry-leading outcomes in academics and instructional design; market research and program design; marketing and lead generation; recruitment and enrollment services; student support and retention services; and technology infrastructure and analytics. Our proprietary methodologies yield uniquely tailored solutions that drive tangible value for our university partners, their faculty, and their students.
Based in Chicago, Everspring serves a growing number of colleges and universities. Built In Chicago has named us one of the "Best Places to Work" in 2021.
In the spirit of caring for one another and our community, please note that upon accepting an offer of employment from Everspring, you will be required to share proof of a Covid-19 vaccination.