Benefits and Compliance Specialist at Sprout Social
At Sprout Social, people and culture are at the forefront of everything we do - a fact underscored by multiple Best Places to Work awards Glassdoor. As members of the Sprout People Team, we are champions of Sprout’s unique culture. Doing our jobs effectively means every candidate has an incredible experience with Sprout Social, every team member is successful from day one, and every business unit has the talent and support needed to meet and exceed aggressive goals. We are looking for a Benefits and Compliance Specialist to help us carry on that tradition.
As the Benefits and Compliance Specialist, you’ll use your domain expertise to refine People Operations processes that are effective, efficient, and compliant. You’ll play a key role in helping us execute our total rewards strategy and be the main point of contact for our Employee Benefits programs. This is the chance to expand your skills in a role that blends research, process iteration, and cross-functional partnership across the organization. You’ll join a dedicated and supportive People Operations Team focused on operational excellence and employee experience.
Our ideal candidate has experience administering benefits programs and is curious about emerging labor legislation and keeping up with federal, state and local labor laws. You enjoy doing independent, in-depth research and can present findings in a digestible format to a range of audiences. You’re naturally analytical and excited to develop skills in Excel/Google Sheets. You’re able to handle confidential and sensitive information in a mature and professional manner.
If you love contributing at a hands-on level and are looking to grow your People Operations skills as we scale our people infrastructure, we’d love to talk with you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 2+ years of HR administration experience
- Benefits administration and/or HR compliance experience
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Up to date knowledge of applicable federal, state and local labor laws
- Experience using Excel (Pivot tables, VLookups, IF formulas, etc.)
- Experience using Workday
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our product and how your role fits into the organization.
- Meet with key internal stakeholders and vendor contacts.
- Shadow the administration of Domestic and International Benefits.
- Begin responding to employee service desk tickets.
- Become deeply familiar with our benefits offerings as well as our HRIS. We want you to dive in and help us find ways we can optimize our processes. Don’t be afraid to give us feedback. We welcome it.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Take the lead role in our domestic and international benefits administration.
- Deliver Onboarding Benefits Session for New Hires.
- Research and report on emerging State and Federal legislation implications to our current practices.
- Partner with members of Payroll and Finance to ensure accurate benefit recording and reconciliation.
- Work closely with People Ops Manager and brokers to ensure benefits plans remain in compliance, including annual 5500 filings, audits, communications, amendments, and plan documents.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Assist with preparations for 2022 Open Enrollment including Workday configurations, vendor evaluations, developing employee training and communications.
- Develop quarterly engagement and utilization reporting cadence for stakeholders.
- Have your first performance conversation with your manager, where you’ll discuss your accomplishments in your role and work together to build goals for your professional growth
Within 12 months, you will…
- Have successfully executed 2022 Open Enrollment for all employees
- Be completely at home as a critical member of the People team and the company as a whole, with a deep understanding of the team’s needs.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to continue to advance our People Ops team and Sprout in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit offerings like our parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best whether you are in an office or working remotely
- State of the art offices in cities where Sprout has physical locations (Chicago and Seattle) for those that prefer an office setting
- Solid programs in some of the staples: medical coverage, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application. If your state is listed, we're good to move forward. If not, we're not able to hire in your state at this time. If you'd like to stay in touch with us in case that changes in the future, please apply and we'll save your application for possible future consideration.