Benefits Manager at KeHE Distributors
Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
The Benefits and Manager will manage all health and welfare plans and voluntary benefits. Develop and propose benefit strategy and tactical changes as well as monitor performance of plans. Develop and work with vendor/broker community to provide required benefit information and communication to associates and field HR management. Provide support on exempt and non-exempt pay programs. Audit plans and oversee billing and member eligibility accuracy. Establish and document benefit processes as well as direct annual benefit processes and communication programs. As with all positions at KeHE, we expect that all actions will be consistent with KeHE’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Manages ticketing system and ensures timely resolution of issues.
- Assist in the collection and reporting of census and financial data to service providers.
- Maintains statistical data relative to premiums, claims, and costs.
- Assist in conducting research to determine the effectiveness of benefit programs and policies.
- Interfaces with service providers to resolve claim problems, issues and other administrative matters.
- Supports and maintains legal compliance of benefit programs.
- Analyzes and resolves benefit entitlement and payment issues.
- Develop and maintain a central process for benefits enrollment.
- Develop benefit communication.
- Coordinate and execute open enrollment process.
- Develop various ad hoc reports using HRIS system.
- Establish and maintain timely centralized benefit enrollment process.
- Audit billing accuracy and build/maintain databases for historical tracking.
- Audit eligibility for all plans.
- Notify supervisor of any billing irregularities.
- Must maintain good attendance.
- Maintain safe work practices.
- Maintain safeguards of confidential company information.
- Other duties and special projects as requested.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- Four (4) year college education required; three (3) years of manager/supervisory experience and experience in like industry preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Able to produce high quality reporting/communication through PowerPoint and Excel.
- Comfortable working both high level and lower-level benefit and compensation projects.
- Working knowledge of insurance and contractual language within health and welfare industry.
- Must have strong time management skills and an ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.