Benefits Manager at Kin + Carta
The ideal Benefits Manager for Kin + Carta is passionate about building comprehensive benefits programs in line with the Total Rewards strategy, looks to continually learn, and enjoys sharing expertise. Strong verbal and written communication are a must.
This role will report directly to the US Head of Employee Experience.Responsibilities
- Partner with brokers to develop benefits programs that are in line with the Total Rewards strategy and current trends.
- Manage and administer employee benefit and perks programs (including FMLA, LOA, COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, etc) including Health and Wellness, Medical/Dental, 401(k), Life and Voluntary Benefits) in accordance with vendor and broker contracts, company policies, regulations, and laws.
- Manage and administer benefit processes including yearly audit of plans, 401(k) 5500 filing, non-discrimination testing, ACA filing, open enrollment process, and annual benefit plan renewals.
- Collaborate with brokers and vendors to ensure proper administration, integrity, and accuracy of data.
- Collaborate with brokers, vendors, and accounts payable to reconcile and ensure timely payment of HR vendors.
- Prepare and participate in internal and external audits.
- Manage employee benefit enrollments for new hires, open enrollment, family changes and status changes.
- Oversee and administer leaves of absences.
- Develop innovative communications to educate and promote utilization of benefit programs.
- Address escalated employee matters.
- Provide benefit support and implementation for company mergers and acquisitions
- Partner with the Compensation Manager as needed to develop holistic total rewards programs.
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 5 years of progressive benefits experience
- Experience in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting statistical data.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (filters, pivot tables, conditional formulas, v-look ups).
- HRIS experience (preferably Ceridian Dayforce).
- Empathetic HR professional who strives to ensure all employees have a great working experience.
- Strong project management, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organization.
- Go-getter with ideas and the follow-through to accomplish them from start to finish.
- Experience in a consulting or technology organization.
- World at Work Certification - CCP, CBP, or both.
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.