Benefits Manager at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Benefits Manager| Chicago, IL
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Benefits Manager to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Benefits Manager will be integral to the VillageMD Benefits team supporting the benefits design, implementation, and effective administration delivery of all health and welfare, wellness and retirement saving. You will provide strong project management, change management, and communication tactics. This role will possess expertise and understanding of all technical aspects of benefits administration which may include, but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurance, AD&D, STD, LTD, 401K, commuter benefits, EAP, wellness programs, COBRA and applicable laws governing the administration of the plans.
How you can make a difference:
- Responsible for the design, implementation, delivery and effective administration of all health & welfare, wellness, retirement, team member service experience and communication delivery.
- Ensure VillageMD benefit programs competitively meet the talent needs of the organization and are aligned with the business growth and total rewards strategies.
- Ensure effective oversight of the VillageMD benefit programs to attract, retain and support the needs of our Talent and leaders across the organization.
- Partner with Finance and consulting partner to develop annual budgets and pricing models as well as manage the overall expenses across all benefits.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure adherence to performance service level agreements, delivery of quality service experience.
- Develop and maintain vendor relations with all providers and consultants, ensuring that vendors are delivering to VillageMD’s operating standards.
- Provide technical guidance and advice on ERISA and compliance matters.
- Lead audit and plan compliance filling for VillageMD benefits to ensure regulatory compliance, while working with auditors, consultants, and team to achieve satisfactory results.
- Lead a team of benefit professionals in the delivery of all benefits programs, provide and support the professional development, coaching and performance management of team members.
- Effectively lead the annual enrollment process
- Act as the benefits lead for M&A transactions
- Evaluate the benefits landscape to understand best practices through benchmarking and industry research and track legislative change to make sound business decisions and recommendations are made.
- Manage vendor due diligence, contract negotiations and renewals.
Skills for success:
- You have high emotional intelligence, the ability to forge meaningful relationships, and can successfully navigate diverse stakeholder groups.
- You are highly collaborative, yet skilled at influencing others to achieve results.
- You are experienced performing under pressure with a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do.
- You are solution-oriented and have a passion for being hands-on in problem-solving and execution.
- You are self-starting and maintain a high sense of urgency and accountability in delivering measurable results in line with agreed upon timeframes.
Experience to drive change:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources or related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- At least 5 years of benefits administration and human resource operations
- Possess strong project and change management skills.
- In-depth understanding of benefits administration practices and the ability to successfully lead and coordinate all benefits administration processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory/statutory environment including health care reform (ACA), HIPAA, ERISA, and COBRA.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, and able to track data for decision making.
- Must lead with autonomy, skilled at dealing with ambiguity as well as generating creative solutions, approaches, and results.
- Ability to and passion for leading, team development, mentoring, and effectively partnering within a team environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office products and ADP HRIS platform.
- Effective communication with all levels of employees across the enterprise.
- Effective problem solving and resolution management.
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.