What you’ll be doing:
Enova’s Benefits Manager oversees all Health and Welfare and Retirement benefits functions. This individual will be responsible for leading benefits strategy, design, implementation, communication and administration. The scope of work includes; health and welfare, income protection and voluntary benefits, qualified and nonqualified retirement plans and executive benefit programs. This individual will manage one direct report and be a part of the Leadership team for the People function. S/he will work closely with the People team and senior leadership to benchmark, design, customize, and implement programs, with an eye on continuous improvement. To be successful, the Benefits Manager is expected to hit the ground running, learn our processes and culture, and contribute to the continued growth and success of our team. Successful leaders at Enova take ownership, a customer first approach, and drive to make an impact.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
- Analyze current benefits including evaluating the usage, service, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive market trends
- Evaluate and suggest improvements to internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency
- Play a key role in plan renewals, evaluating both cost/trend and plan redesign options
- Implement new benefit plans or changes, as required
- Oversee Health & Welfare annual open enrollment and manages day-to-day qualified and non-qualified retirement plan activity
- Provide guidance to the Retirement Committee
- Ensure existing integration files run smoothly and will lead the build out of new/updated integration files as changes occur
- Prepare and execute, with legal consultation, insurance and third party vendor contracts ensuring vendors deliver SLA’s in accordance with contract terms
- Provide guidance to Benefits Analyst on FMLA/ADA/Personal and Parental Leave policies, ensuring consistent application and compliant administration with all state and federal regulations.
- Provide ongoing support and education to Associates
- Oversee annual 401(k) plan audit and general audits, as needed
What you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business and/or equivalent and relevant experience
- 5+ years benefits management experience creating, developing and managing employee benefits programs
- Solid knowledge of outsourced, HR, benefits and payroll systems and processes
- Sound knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations affecting welfare, disability and retirement and workers compensation programs, including COBRA, FMLA and 409A
- Strong analytical, technical, communication, customer service and business skills working in a multi-site organization
- Ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously in a team-based environment regularly adjusting priorities
- Clear, precise and effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- High degree of professionalism, sound judgment and discretion
- Proven ability to easily establish rapport with all levels of organization and cultivate relationships
- Workday system knowledge and familiarity a plus
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work some place awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health and wellness benefits, a 401K matching plan, paid parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.