About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
We are growing our Benefits team and searching for a Benefits Specialist (Full-time or Part-time) you will need to be someone who is self-motivated, learns quickly, and demonstrates the ability to multi-task. This busy role requires the credibility and integrity to maintain confidential, sensitive company and employee information at all times. Responsibilities and projects will be varied anywhere from administrative to highly analytical in nature and typically will require independent judgment and follow-through with internal and external people and systems.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Administer various benefits programs including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, fsa commuter benefits and 401(k) plans
- Serve as primary liaison for employee questions
- Work with benefit vendors to quickly resolve issues
- Manage all aspects of leave of absence and disability programs including providing policy information to employees, working closely with our third-party administrator, collaborating with HR Business Partners, providing timely pay updates to our Payroll team, creating benefit premium invoices and monitoring cases
- Assure accuracy/reconciliation of premium invoices and coordinating payments through Accounting
- Maintain and update benefits information on internal wiki and within enrollment system
- Lead benefits presentation during New Hire Orientation
- Monitor online benefit enrollments and changes, auditing as necessary
- Participate in annual renewal process and strategy
- Manage Open Enrollment process including development of materials, communications and system testing
- Assist with annual reporting and audits including 401(k) compliance testing, annual plan audit and Form 5500 filings
- Assist with the import of 401(k) changes and audit monthly
- Partner with our internal Culture Club Leader on wellness initiatives and other benefits-related events
- Develop and oversee communication of benefits and educational opportunities throughout the year including quarterly 401(k) sessions
- Manage ADA requests and Workers Compensation claims
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or related field required
- 3-5 years benefit administration experience
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Excel experience
- Strong working knowledge of FMLA, ADA, Workers’ Compensation, Affordable Health Care Act
and federal and state laws regarding benefits (e.g. ERISA, Sec. 125, COBRA etc.)
Got These? Even Better:
- CEBS (Certified Employee Benefit Specialist) and/or PHR /SHRM-CP Certification
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.