About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is the 5th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $37 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
What’s the role?
We are currently seeking a hard-working, dedicated Benefits Specialist to join our innovative and passionate team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Develops employee benefits procedures.
- Assists with new hire benefit orientations and assists with benefits enrollments.
- Overseeing maintenance of employee benefits records through on-line data sites and workstation computer input.
- Performs quality checks of benefits-related data.
- Assists team members regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
- Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility.
- Enrolls team members with carriers and process life status changes.
- Responsible for maintenance of carrier feeds through HRIS system.
- Develop and maintain a system of procedures to administer the employee benefits program.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from leaders and team members on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Process and administer all leave-of-absence requests and disability and FMLA.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences and disabilities
- Responds to 401(k) inquires relating to enrollment, plan changes and contribution amounts. Manages the annual catch-up contribution enrollment
- Completes invoicing, self-billing, arrears and other necessary reporting; provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges
- Review and assure compliance with Federal and state statutes as it effects employee benefits
- Preparing special reports and records
- Manage the reconciliation of monthly benefit plans and premium reports
- Assists with the open enrollment process
- Provides outstanding internal customer service to team members
- Provides support and acts as a backup for HR team
- Helps to train and teach HR team members on benefits programs
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience in employee benefits procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and solve problems
- Excellent time management skills and follow up and follow through with ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Thorough knowledge of office practices and employee benefits regulations and procedures
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate others, resolve conflict and manage diversity
- Holds self and other accountable
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Office products
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law. #LI-AC1