Bilingual HR Consulting Associate
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
As a Bilingual HR Consultant, you will be responsible for overseeing the success and delivery of our HR consulting services to Spanish speaking stakeholders, including but not limited to: client contacts, managers, and employees who require translation services.
About this roll*:
- Assist internal HR Services teams on issues involving Spanish-speaking stakeholders at our clients’ businesses
- Translate witness statements in person, via phone or email for purposes of completing HR investigations
- Translate documents and trainings for purposes of communicating effectively with end users
- Present HR trainings and content live in person or via webinar, or via written communication.
- Assist in translating and managing library of resources including updating as needed
- Work with our labor law attorneys to ensure our materials are translated precisely, incorporating important nuances associated with the law, itself, or with application of the law
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 3-5 years of translation experience, strong preference for translations associated with HR compliance and employee relations related subject matter
- Demonstrated ability to translate on the spot during live conversations (i.e. investigation interviews and employee complaint reports)
- Team player
- Precise and effective communicator in both English and Spanish
- Ability to remain neutral and professional in high-stakes situations
- High degree of emotional intelligence
- HR experience a plus (Or at least 1 year of HR experience)
- Restaurant experience a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required