Join VillageMD as Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer In Chicago, IL
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we are looking for a Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we have partnered with leading primary care physicians across the country. As partners in value-based care delivery, we are empowering our provider network with a proven clinical model of care supported by the required teams, technology solutions, and processes to drive consistent, proactive, and high-quality patient care.
We are creating a healthcare eco-system that is more accessible, effective, and efficient, supported by solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we are looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead and the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
An integral part of the VillageMD executive leadership team, you—as Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer—provide the strategic leadership to champion key diversity initiatives across enterprise operations, as well as ensure we continue to foster an inclusive workplace community for all Village team members. Reporting directly to the CEO you will develop holistic programs that support scalable strategies to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) not just at VillageMD, but also extending throughout the communities that our care model impacts.
A thought leader, advocate, and catalyst for change, you leverage best practices and lead and amplify success that aligns VillageMD's pursuit of excellence and long-term, sustainable growth with cornerstones of inclusion and social responsibility. You work with key stakeholders throughout the organization to infuse diversity, social responsibility and inclusion priorities into corporate decisions and organizational objectives to strengthen and broaden VillageMD's impact in health care today.
How you can make a difference:
- Create and implement a strategic roadmap that clearly aligns diversity, equity, and inclusion goals with the organization's key business outcomes.
- Integrate inclusion into the fabric of the organization through innovative programs and initiatives that build awareness and enhance capabilities across the organization.
- Work directly with clinical leadership to formulate strategies that enhance the impact of our care model on underserved communities including improving the accessibility of care.
- Work closely with Market Leaders and Government Relations to help position VillageMD as a champion of diversity, inclusion, and social responsibility, helping nationally to reshape the direction of today's healthcare industry, and locally to build community support for health advancement
- Provide DEI expertise, education and coaching to executives and senior leadership, clearly articulating the priority and positive impact on personal leadership and organizational strategies, leading to measurable improvement in functional and business outcomes.
- Work closely with the Talent team, leaders and hiring managers to assess and augment sourcing and selection processes as well as enhance programming focused on developing, mentoring, promoting, and retaining a diverse workforce of top talent.
- Provide leadership and support to guide DEI advancement that incorporates employee voice. Drive action and build an inclusive community for all team members.
- Identify metrics and strategies to assess progress and accountability within the organization with the ability to measure the effectiveness of diversity and inclusion initiatives and as well as the overall impact on culture and the employee experience.
Skills for success:
- Master of leading organizational change initiatives.
- Business-minded, people-focused advocate for positive change.
- Strategic thinker with cross-cultural competence and ability to leverage.
- Deep understanding of and commitment to the principles behind diversity and inclusion, and appreciation of their impact on organizational structures and success.
- Strong project and program management skills with a demonstrated effectiveness in data analysis and translation to compelling action.
- Positive influencer of people with strong abilities in interpersonal communication, consulting, facilitation, and leadership.
- Confidence to take calculated risks, push the learning edge, function as a leader amid challenging situations and motivate others to do the same.
- Experience in advising and consulting with senior management.
- Ability to own problems from design through implementation and measurements of success.
- Self-confident, highly organized and detail oriented with ability to assess the "big picture" and manage multiple priorities while advancing critical initiatives.
Experience to drive change:
- Proven track record of developing diversity, equity and inclusion frameworks that build upon an organization's mission and business strategies.
- Demonstrated success in building and leading DEI strategy and success in execution within a high-growth organization.
- More than 10 years of professional experience in leading diversity, equity, inclusion, and social responsibility efforts, as well as building and leading teams.
- Strong track record in effectively leading and managing organizational and scalable change with demonstrable impact on profitability and employee satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree required; healthcare industry experience preferred.
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus, and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.