Chief People Officer
PowerReviews delivers software that more than 1,000 brands and retailers utilize to collect, display, and syndicate reviews on more than 5,000 websites. An essential resource for consumers as they search and shop online and in-store, reviews drive traffic, increase sales, and create actionable insights to improve products and services. With a syndication network that reaches more than 500 million in-market shoppers each month, PowerReviews delivers more reviews to more consumers. And we make it easier than anyone else.
In your role as the Chief People Officer, you will have a passion for building and supporting a world-class team and fostering the environments that inspire their best work. We are looking for a strategic thinker, someone who sets the standards high, an exceptional leader and always up for a challenge, and all doing this by having fun. The Chief People Officer will be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team and responsible for leading high-impact, people-focused strategic initiatives that not only fuel company culture, but also drive alignment with the overall company values and vision. You will lead, organize, and direct all aspects of the HR and recruiting functions including on-boarding and off-boarding talent, training and development, leadership and succession planning, performance management, executive and employee compensation, benefits, employment law, compliance and most importantly employee relations and culture. Most of all, you will function as a strategic business partner, coach, and confidant to the CEO and senior leadership team.
- Build an employer brand and culture that resonates with current and potential employees
- Serve as a strategic business partner, influencer, and change agent responsible for implementing people initiatives and cultural change across the company
- Build trust and credibility with senior leaders that leads to improved organizational effectiveness by developing deep knowledge of the business model and the industry.
- Anticipate, respond, and shape the future direction of the company/department based on industry knowledge to build the organization’s capabilities for tomorrow
- Lead the people function: Including management and leadership of a Sr People Business Partner, two Recruiters, and a People & Office Coordinator. Directly responsible for the attraction, retention, engagement, compensation, and other facets of the team
- Oversee your team’s management and budget of the annual performance management process, change management, engagement survey and action plan, anti-harassment training and initiatives, our L&D program, onboarding of new hires, all employee relations investigations and situations, and a host of other tools and HR initiatives
- Streamline and generate efficiencies in ways of working amongst the team including a full deep dive on our processes and policies
- Actively participate in establishing long and short term objectives and strategies for the function
- Collaborate with department leadership to evangelize the company's compensation strategy
- Oversee all aspects of PowerReviews talent acquisition strategy and employer branding
- Work with management to define employee development needs in order to implement talent and development plans and programs to meet the organization’s strategic goals and objectives
- Lead activity related to detecting, assessing and developing critical talent and leaders, including succession planning.
- Lead all employee relations efforts
- Provide organizational design consultation
- Identify and understand employees, financials, and business needs and drives the necessary interventions
- Anticipate future consequences and trends in workforce planning accurately to bring creative ideas to the organization. Recognize strategic opportunities for change. Master complexity and finds ways to simplify approach
- Manage all office improvement initiatives and facilities requests
Preferred Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- HR Certification Preferred (i.e. PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP)
- 12+ years of overall HR experience in talent acquisition, employee relations, development, coaching, retention, performance management, workforce planning, succession planning, and engagement
- Proven track record of strategic people development aligned with a company’s growth objectives
- Expert communication know-how; solid verbal, written and interpersonal skills to engage and mobilize company to embrace and deliver Goals, Vision and Strategy. Demonstrated collaborative skills, both internally and externally
- An ability to adapt your approach to the audience, anticipating impact of words and actions, preparing for possible resistance and responding in an appropriate style, using a range of influencing styles
- A demonstrated history of strong results with exceptional project management and organization skills, coupled with the ability to translate business strategies into actionable people strategies
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior leaders, executive presence
- A history of developing strategic HR plans and policies
PowerReviews is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.