PEAK6 was brought to life by the idea that success comes when you surround yourself with the right kind of people. The passion for that idea powers our firm still, 20 years later. As a Compensation Analyst at PEAK6, you will work within a team that influences all aspects of our firm’s culture and success. You’ll work with some of the sharpest minds in proprietary trading, technology, Finance and shared services. Working in Human Resources at PEAK6 means that you’ll always be presented with a variety of new possibilities as you advance your career.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Researching market data to determine and report on competitive compensation philosophies, practices and administration.
- Performing ad hoc analysis to continuously improve programs and processes.
- Assisting with the creation or evaluation of jobs, documentation of job descriptions and salary survey job-matching and participation.
- Supporting annual performance management and total rewards processes through report creation, administration, and system maintenance.
- Partnering with and training HR Generalists and Recruiting teams to appropriately align compensation with practice and philosophy.
- Reviewing existing and proposed statutory requirements governing compensation administration and recommends appropriate courses of action. Plays a governance role in the creation, negotiation and review of compensation programs. .
- Designing and preparing ad hoc compensation and budget related reports for management.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resource Management, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field required.
- 5-7 years of progressive compensation experience
- Excellent written (ability to compose and edit internal communications) and verbal communications (can work across functions and with various levels of management) skills as well as strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Must possess a high level of integrity with understanding of the need for confidentiality in maintaining integrity internally and externally with HR data.
- Very detail oriented, with a high level of accuracy and the ability to detect inconsistencies in data.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a high sense of urgency.
- Solutions and client service-oriented, with an emphasis on problem solving.
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be a change-agent and influence progress.
All of our HR team members have these traits. You should, too.
Motivation Collaboration Curiosity
Integrity Adaptability Ingenuity
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a PEAK6 Compensation Analyst you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program