PEAK6 is a leading investment firm headquartered in Chicago. More than 20 years ago, we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational ability across a number of investment areas, spanning early- to mid-stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and sports management, with an eye toward providing value to the customer. Over the years, we have built and operated several leading financial technology firms and today our team includes a digital wealth clearinghouse, an outsource provider of flood insurance, a Premier League soccer team, a value investment arm, an incubation lab, and more.
As a member of the HR Team at PEAK6, you’ll have a big impact on the firm. You’ll leverage your strategic and hands-on compensation experience and knowledge to help us build and elevate our compensation programs. Additionally, you’ll bring vision and value to our organization and employees, in a rapidly growing environment and team.
Our success brings us unique challenges - join us as we build innovative and creative solutions!
You’ll be responsible for:
- Partnering with our HRBPs and Talent Acquisition Team to advise and influence business leaders in compensation strategy, programs and issues while balancing business acumen, reward expertise and relationship skills
- Driving identification, assessment and execution of ongoing compensation process improvement
- Working with cross-functional teams and leadership to understand business goals and recommend/implement new approaches, policies and processes to effect continual improvements in compensation program
- Communicating compensation trends to senior leadership to ensure we stay competitive in the market
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 8-10+ years of experience in a fast-paced, high growth environment. A strong background in Compensation, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics or Economics preferred
- Minimum of 5 years progressive Human Resources and compensation experience with increasing levels of responsibility in identifying, designing, recommending, and implementing efficient, innovative business solution
- Strong analytical capabilities and ability to communicate persuasively with business partners to resolve highly complex problems and recommend or produce best solutions for our teams.
- Works independently to drive and manage projects, while collaborating with various teams and leadership
- Strong planning, project management, organizational and communication skills
- Proven ability to adapt and work effectively in a matrix organization with competing deadlines
All of our team members have these traits. You should, too.
As a PEAK6 Compensation Lead you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Corn hole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program