PEAK6 is a leading investment firm headquartered in Chicago. More than 20 years ago, we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational ability across a number of investment areas, spanning early- to mid-stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and sports management, with an eye toward providing value to the customer. Over the years, we have built and operated several leading financial technology firms and today our team includes a digital wealth clearinghouse, an outsource provider of flood insurance, a Premier League soccer team, a value investment arm, an incubation lab, and more.
As a member of the HR Team at PEAK6, you’ll have a big impact on the firm. You’ll leverage your strategic and hands-on compensation experience and knowledge to help us build and elevate our compensation programs for over 1000 employees across the org. Additionally, you’ll bring vision and value to our organization and employees, in a rapidly growing environment and team. Our success brings us unique challenges - join us as we build innovative and creative solutions!
You’ll be responsible for:
- Partnering with senior leaders across the business to understand business goals in order to design and implement compensation and rewards programs that align to achieving our goals.
- Participating as a strategic and active member of the HR Leadership Team in development of human capital strategies and tactical approaches to deliver high impact solutions related to compensation.
- Providing leadership for comp programs, trends, and methodologies, while ensuring compliance with all legal and government regulations related to compensation. Proactively monitor all regulatory compliance requirements (e.g., reporting, disclosure, procedures) for compensation programs (e.g., minimum wage, FLSA).
- Developing and executing a comprehensive communication strategy for compensation programs and identifying opportunities to better enable Peak6 to improve staff engagement, facilitate proactive and effective messaging and cadence as well as support the strategic plan.
- Consulting with internal business partners, including executives and management, to assess compensation programs. Provides education, mentoring and training to HR and talent acquisition staff on processes and professional practices.
- Leading process improvement and tool harmonization to ensure compensation rewards processes are efficient, user friendly, and support the objective of engaging team members.
- Executing day to day compensation needs such as working with Talent Acquisition, HRBPs, and leaders of the organization to benchmark roles, communicate compensation trends, and salary survey management.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 8-10+ years of experience in a fast-paced, high growth environment. A strong background in Compensation, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics or Economics preferred
- Minimum of 5 years progressive Human Resources and compensation experience with increasing levels of responsibility in identifying, designing, recommending, and implementing efficient, innovative business solution
- Strong analytical capabilities and ability to communicate persuasively with business partners to resolve highly complex problems and recommend or produce best solutions for our teams.
- Works independently to drive and manage projects, while collaborating with various teams and leadership
- Strong planning, project management, organizational and communication skills
- Proven ability to adapt and work effectively in a matrix organization with competing deadlines
All of our team members have these traits. You should, too.
As a PEAK6 Compensation Leader you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Corn hole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program