Root is looking for a Compensation Manager to join our Total Rewards Team and lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of our compensation programs. As the Compensation Manager, you will support our Senior Director of Total Rewards in aligning Root’s compensation strategy with the enterprise total rewards vision and serve as a technical subject matter expert to further our mission of attracting the brightest minds and rewarding our employees. In addition, you will partner with the talent acquisition team to create fair, compelling offers for new talent joining Root, as well as ensuring pay equity across the organization through consistent market analysis. We’re looking for someone with a passion for streamlining processes and automating wherever possible to create efficient, accurate workflows in a fast paced work environment and building a competitive advantage through our compensation approach.
What you'll be doing.
- Lead and execute all market analyses, recommendations for updates to job architecture and salary structures, and implementation of new compensation programs.
- Support Total Rewards Team in aligning compensation strategy with the enterprise total rewards vision.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in compensation and best practices for all cross-functional partners, act as a champion for pay equity and fair compensation philosophies.
- Maintain job leveling database across all functional areas.
- Build and perform detailed reporting to ensure equity across job families, and interpret benchmark surveys and relevant market data to ensure market-fit.
- Research and analyze market data to determine the appropriate level and salary for proposed new positions and re-evaluate current positions as needed.
- Partner with Candidate Experience (Talent Acquisition) Team to create new hire offer packages.
- Collaborate with the People Team in continuous improvement projects, especially utilizing technology and automation to increase workflows efficiency.
What we're looking for.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related quantitative field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in compensation or total rewards
- Deep expertise in market data, job architecture, pay equity, and other key compensation-related concepts.
- Experience working with Workday’s Compensation functions
- Passionate about pay equity and a champion of fair compensation philosophy across the organization.
- Strong analytical capabilities; comfortable working with large datasets and manipulating data to derive strategic insights.
- Collaborative by nature and can effectively build relationships across functional areas; strong ability to explain technical concepts to business partners.
- Basic knowledge of federal and state regulations related to compensation practices; willingness to research and stay up to date on changing legal landscape.
- Detail-oriented with a passion for accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of professionalism and confidentiality considering the sensitive nature of compensation and employee data.
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.