Cars.com has been featured as one of the top places to work in Chicago by The Chicago Tribune, Built in Chicago, Computer World and Chicago Inno, making us the premiere online destination connecting car shoppers to local automotive groups since 1998. We have prided ourselves on being an innovative tour-de-force within the automotive industry by offering top of the line digital media solutions to car shoppers and dealers alike through our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, our comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry.
Proudly standing as one of the largest digital automotive platforms on the market with our recent acquisition of DealerRater, Cars.com have experienced a lot of exciting now growth within our organization. In 2016 and 2017 alone, Cars.com has moved into our brand new headquarters located in the South Loop of Chicago’s business district, and spun off into a publicly traded entity on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). We can honestly say there has never been a better time to join the Cars.com family!
As a Contract Recruiter at Cars.com, you will own full-cycle recruiting for a number of open roles within our Sales organization as well as help source candidates for roles across the team, and potentially the entire organization.
You will work closely with remote and in-office hiring managers to understand their current hiring needs and proactively build a pipeline of candidates for these positions. Ideal candidates have worked at an organization that has experienced rapid growth, are willing to take a creative and tenacious approach to sourcing, and are unfazed by quickly changing environments and schedules.
This is a 3 - 6 month contract position based in our Chicago HQ.
WHAT YOU NEED
- You have 3- 5 years of full-cycle recruiting experience- with a minimum of 2 years of being in-house (tech company a plus) and ideally 1-2 years of experience recruiting for Marketing roles
- You are resourceful and creative- when it comes to directly sourcing diverse top talent for positions at varying levels across Marketing, including but not limited to: Digital Marketing, Analytics, Communications, Brand, Product Marketing, and SEO
- You are organized- and can manage a pipeline of candidates for a variety of positions and hiring managers simultaneously.
- You are tenacious and resilient - and will work continuously to find the right candidates, sell the company and the position, and effectively close an offer.
- You are passionate- about Cars.com and it’s products, and providing candidates with a high-touch experience from start to finish.
- You are a great communicator- and can engage professionally on the phone, in person, or in writing with people across and throughout the organization and externally.
- You are proactive and self-directed- and can often figure out what needs to be done and how to do it before anyone asks.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- High level of energy, motivation, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment, and professionalism
- Experience with sourcing candidates beyond LinkedIn
- Strong pitching and negotiating skills
- Experience with Microsoft and Google Suites of products (Office, Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Drive, etc.)
- Experience with Greenhouse or similar applicant tracking systems