Corporate Trainer at Guaranteed Rate
About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is the 7th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $24 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
The Corporate Trainer establishes Guaranteed Rate’s process, practice and culture, along with providing ongoing support to new and existing employees. The primary focus of a trainer is spent developing, maintaining, and delivering relevant interactive instruction through training materials, job aides, and presentations. The trainer presents in both live and virtual classroom environments. The trainer monitors trainee attendance and participation, uses tests/ quizzes to measure trainees’ comprehension of class material, and certifies a trainee who has successfully internalized and completed their education.
- Conduct effective new hire and continued education training for specified job families.
- Interact and engage audience with questions and hands-on practice.
- Host live in classroom, virtual, recorded, and on-site training sessions.
- Track attendance and active participation levels.
- Employ test case files.
- Create recorded training sessions for continued or refresher education.
- Administer tests/quizzes to measure participants retention of class material.
- Deploy surveys to measure class experience/perception and collect feedback for improvements.
- Maintain, develop, and organize current and accurate training material.
- Handouts, worksheets, job aides, and class evaluations for classroom and continuing education instruction.
- Monitor and respond to emails in the training inbox and the training phone line.
- Find common patterns in areas that need to be emphasized in initial trainings.
- Background and proven successful track record in training.
- Experience in Encompass and sales/origination.
- An inherent passion and desire to innovate and teach others.
- Excellent disposition, mindset, communication skills and work ethic.
- Outgoing, dynamic and infectious personality.
- Strong listening, problem solving skills and out of-box thinking.
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to create training material presentations and innovate in training media.
- Strong foundation in Mortgage Lending.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law. #LI-KH1