Director, Diversity and Inclusion at GoHealth
GoHealth is looking for a Director of Diversity and Inclusion to join their team. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of the GoHealth D&I strategy and roadmap to ensure integration throughout the company’s culture, values, and business model. Other duties include developing new programs and practices that effectively increase diversity and providing support to various groups within the organization. Using a combination of business acumen and strategic creativity the Director will build a culture of inclusion with sustainability of D&I efforts as a long-term goal. A successful candidate will be a champion for D&I, successfully build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, and design and execute creative ways to develop GoHealth’s approach to D&I as we continue to scale our efforts. This role will directly report to our Chief Operating Officer.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Assist in the design and manage the implementation of programs and initiatives that further GoHealth’s D&I strategy and contribute to creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Draft the strategic D&I plan through conducting research, gathering data, and other related activities.
- Serve as a liaison for the D&I councils and committees manage event calendar and communication logistics.
- Support the management and approval of Employee Resource Groups and serve as a resource in coordinating communications, budgets and calendars.
- Update and maintain the D&I website both internal and external diversity-related content.
- Coordinate the planning and delivery of high-quality training, awareness building and other events for internal and external audiences; manage vendor relationships.
- Respond appropriately and quickly to requests for support from internal and external clients regarding D&I. Manage communications within the D&I team and communications related to D&I across the Executive Division.
- Monitor work plans and strategic plans to ensure goals are met in a timely fashion. Report on overall progress to ensure that learning and results are utilized to improve D&I programs and processes.
- Generate and review diversity analytics, including benchmarking, tracking metrics, analyzing and generating diversity reporting to specific leadership audiences to highlight trends and demonstrate impact of D&I programs and initiatives.
- Collect and analyze statistical data to evaluate the company’s population in accordance with diversity standards and goals.
- Promote a work environment that is accepting, emphasizes teamwork, a respect for differences, and giving constructive feedback.
- Understand organizational dynamics and actively work to cultivate D&I allies across the organization.
- Exercise and maintain confidentiality of information as it pertains to the organization, diversity initiatives, and senior leadership.
- Research, develop, recommend, and executes creative strategies to foster the organizations diversity goals.
- Review current practices and policies, assessing and analyzing the extent to which they support or hinder the company’s diversity goals.
- Collaborate with the recruitment department leader to draft and implement recruiting and hiring strategies to attract employees from diverse backgrounds.
- Develop and/or acquire training and development to aid diversity and retention initiatives.
- Provide guidance to leaders and human resources staff in developing objective performance and other employee evaluations and policies.
- Act as a company liaison with government agencies concerning affirmative action and equal employment opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge of diversity-related issues, legislation, and best practices.
- Provide training and policy updates to colleagues, ensuring legal compliance of management and human resources staff.
- Understand GoHealth’s business processes, including the role each business unit plays in supporting the company’s ultimate objectives
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 8-10 years of project management and/or D&I relevant work experience
- A proven record of accomplishment for developing initiatives and programs to increase diversity and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of current best practices and trends in diversity and inclusion, including familiarity with key concepts (e.g. cultural competence, unconscious bias, etc.) Practical experience designing and/or implementing D&I programs preferred.
- Show a committed and proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and to own personal development in this area.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to handle confidential information and materials with discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead teams, develop presentations and trainings for small to large audiences, and facilitate team discussions.
- Experience creating and managing project plans to support effective implementation of programs and initiatives.
- Experience coordinating events, managing logistics, identifying speakers, and developing agendas/materials.
- Experience in researching, gathering and synthesizing data into a simplistic presentation and/or narrative.
- The ability to interact and influence within all levels of the organization.
- Keen facilitation skills for diverse audiences.
- English proficiency required; foreign language skills a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Working knowledge of MS Suite programs. Solid power point and excel skills are preferred.
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer