Director, Diversity Equity and Inclusion at Paylocity
Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Reporting to the VP of HR, Chief Diversity Officer the DEI Director will ensure we provide equal opportunities to all candidates and employees regardless of their protected characteristics. This role is responsible for defining DEI guidelines and metrics that align with legal standards, company values, behaviors, DEI initiatives, in-house policies, and best practices. The HDEI Director is also responsible for researching, implementing, documenting, communicating, and assessing DEI practices across the organization. This individual will be responsible for partnering with executive leadership to effectively set metrics and deploy DEI programs/policies/practices.
Reports To: VP of HR, Chief Diversity Officer
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design company policies and practices that reinforce diversity, equity, and inclusion and strive to remove bias in the workplace
- Partner with internal employee resource groups and diversity leadership council to design and implement diversity, equity, and inclusion programs
- Lead diversity, equity, and inclusion programs across the organization
- Liaison between legal and HR to inform and guide DEI decisions
- Review, update, document, and communicate internal policies, guidelines, and practices
- May lead or assist with DEI compliance activities related to internal and external policies, laws, and regulations, such as Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Partner with leadership and HR colleagues to investigate and address DEI concerns
- Identify and recommend guidance related to DEI opportunities and risks
- Educate and train the HR team and Business Partners on DEI issues affecting their functions
- Review and analysis DEI data and determine relevant trends, patterns, and key focus areas to improve diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
- Custom-build people initiatives that accelerate change: master the art of building, deploying, and/or facilitating high-impact, laser-focused initiatives that realize clear value.
- Serve as change management support and deploy effective change management strategies, communications, and training in support of DEI change
- Orchestrate cross-functional alignment around DEI efforts within the HR ecosystem: Talent Acquisition, OD, Learning & Development, Compensation, etc
- 10+ years of Human Resource experience
- Progressive approach to HR/DEI practices
- Executive presence: resilience, consultative style, & ability to articulate complex ideas into simple terms
- Experience with designing DEI programs for underrepresented and underserved populations
- Experience leading or guiding employee led diversity and inclusion groups
- Proven experience engaging and influencing senior leadership and other key stakeholders.
- Experience leading or partnering with Org Design/Org Effectiveness, Talent Management, Employee Relations, Recruiting, and Total Rewards
- Demonstrable experience developing partnerships with team members and business leaders, particularly in helping them manage significant organizational change during periods of realignment and growth
This job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.