Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services (DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) will lead the design, development and implementation of system-wide DEI strategies, programs, policies, and metrics that connects talent practices, culture and company objectives. This role will address systemic opportunities with emphasis on enhancing practices that allow the company to attract, develop, reward, and retain top talent. This director will lead and manage a staff of DEI professionals in addition to partnering with leaders across the enterprise to build capabilities and deliver core programs and solutions.
The Director, DEI will work in close partnership with the Chief Diversity Officer with developing and deploying all DEI internal and external efforts. As a DEI subject matter expert and change agent, this role will help advance our efforts to cultivate an environment where everyone feels valued, has a sense of belonging, and is treated equitably.
- Directs and guides senior global leadership and HR leaders to analyze diversity and inclusion metrics to identify trends related to the attraction, motivation, development, and retention of employees.
- Develops recommendations for enhancing ongoing diversity, equity and inclusion practices.
- Lead the development of a global insights-driven, innovative long- and short term global strategic DEI plan that is connected to talent practices, culture and company objectives across the company.
- Directs and leads the development of DEI learning strategy and objectives, frameworks and capability building for the enterprise.
- Directs the integration of DEI global/enterprise-wide strategy to Business Unit through consulting on process, policy, training, talent acquisition, and talent management.
- Collaborates with HR colleagues and leaders to design and implement solutions to solve strategic business challenges as well as drive inclusive behaviors.
- Leads and manages a team to support business needs and strategic initiatives.
- Identifies and addresses emergent issues of DEI within the company, the local community, and nationally as it affects the organization.
- Partner with communications team to create and broadcast a cohesive internal and external narrative.
- Stay current on DEI best practices and opportunities and share insights with relevant stakeholders.
- Track and measure progress of metrics and analytics to identify key drivers, predict outcomes and share insights.
- Provides oversight to the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion internal advisory team to ensure the areas of focus aligns with strategy and framework.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field required. Higher education preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Human Resources, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion or related.
- In lieu of a degree, 15+ years of experience in Human Resources, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion or related.
- 6+ years of progressive experience in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- 4+ years of people management experience.
- PHR, SHRM, or SPHR preferred.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.