Director, Global Learning & Development
Are you the sort of person who loves to help others grow in their roles, both by delivering training and facilitating education, in a self-managed environment?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Director, Global Learning & Development (GLD) will have full responsibility for the strategy, development, and implementation of the training programs for the entire Global Service Operations, including our B2B and B2C organization. The Director is responsible for leading and executing the strategy and delivery for all of our in-house and vendor operations for our GLD function.
You will be responsible for ensuring all learning & development team goals are met for each sector of business supported, that’s our customer service, merchant service, merchant research, and editorial teams. You will be responsible for the development of consistent standardized training delivery improvements with a focus on awesome customer experience and operations performance. The role mentors, coaches, develops, and supports the Instructional Design and Training Delivery teams. The Director will have proven ability to successfully lead the dynamic Training department with a talented team across the globe.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
Lead the global Instructional Design (ID) and Training Delivery (TD) as a virtual team, assisted on the Delivery side by an in-place Training Delivery Manager, and the Instructional Design by an Instructional Design Team Leader
Manage existing processes, including process improvements to achieve company learning goals
- Create and handle ID quality standards and TD quality standards
- Own ID measures of success, such as ID/TD Quality, ID/TD On Time (Service Level), ID/TD Stakeholder Satisfaction
- Establish and track training performance and reports findings to business leaders through WBRs, MBRs and QBRs
- Build and direct the strategy for development and design of current and new platforms, such as video, micro-learning and mobile, and knowledge bases
- Collaborate with the Project Management Office (PMO), Project partners and delivery teams to prioritize project intakes
- Handle productivity, prioritization, and day-to-day request assignment to ensure all approved requests are completed on deadline or advanced to remove barriers
- Actively build strong, positive relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
- Spearhead analysis, design, and development initiatives related to the new-hire, refresher, and staff development training needs of operations; recommend appropriate learning and job support solutions
- Build and refine a document review cycle and methodology
- Approve learning and support materials as appropriate
- Provide expertise and support related to instructional/informational design and development, appropriate content treatment and media, and effective delivery strategies
- Manage, maintain, and administer GSO content on learning management systems through staff
- Identify gaps in current processes and work to develop and maintain procedural documents, quick hit help guides, and consistency training to help all agents understand and follow our defined procedures in the same way
- Refine Training program critical metrics to measure trainer and Training program return on investment
Bachelor’s degree in business, education or applicable program, MBA-level degree preferred
- 4+ years of successful experience leading learning and development organization in a call center environment, including knowledge base management
- Certification in adult learning and/or instructional design principles (ADDIE or SAM)
- You possess an advanced working knowledge of ID tools/capabilities such as Adobe Captivate, Adobe Storyboard, video editing software and collaborative tools.
- 4+ years leadership of learning management system experience, including successful implementation oversight
- Ability to think from both a strategic and tactical perspective
- You have amazing interpersonal skills
- You are a champion of change management for continuous improvement
- Very high ability to edit and provide feedback for improvement in instructional design
- You have dedication to data, with the expertise to go with it, as a terrific way to inform decisions
- High degree of understanding of a service environment in a complex contact center, including experience with phone, chat and email
- COPC Certified Implementation Leader is a plus
- COPC Certified Lean Six Sigma is a plus
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.