Director of HR
UPshow is looking for a Director of HR to develop and execute HR strategies to optimize our organizational structure and rapidly scale the business. He/she will be responsible for building out the talent acquisition, talent management, and general HR processes essentially from the ground up. This role reports directly to UPshow’s CEO and will serve as part of the leadership team. If you are a confident, motivated, collaborative leader who is excited at the prospect of developing and leading the HR function at a fast-paced, growing firm, this role is for you.
The successful candidate will lead the following functions:
- Talent acquisition: Develop and implement best practices for recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding candidates; Manage the hiring process, serving as the point person for candidates, external recruiters and hiring managers; Oversee candidate pipeline management; and Attend local networking and recruiting events.
- Talent management: Develop and implement best practices for training and performance management; Evaluate and improve compensation structures; Build and maintain our culture; and Handle personnel matters, working with external counsel as needed.
- HR Operations: Evaluate and implement new HR/Payroll system; Manage payroll processing for both US and Uruguay offices; Administer benefits and salary adjustments; and Ensure compliance with all state and federal employment laws.
- Builder’s Mentality – This person will enter the company during a period of rapid growth and will be expected to make a meaningful impact
- Interpersonal Skills – Excellent internal/external communication skills are a must, as this person will need to build rapport and trust with colleagues
- Adaptability – This person should be energized and excited by working in a fast-paced startup environment, and be willing to learn new things constantly
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- 7+ years of experience
- Prior experience working within a start-up environment (ideally a SaaS tech company) to scale the organization is strongly preferred