Director HRBP at CSG
CSG is looking for a Director, Human Resources to serve as an advisor and partner to our Technology and Product (TAP) team. This position may be based in either Omaha or Chicago. The Director, HR will work closely with TAP leadership to apply experience in a broad range of HR areas toward the goal of enhancing organizational effectiveness, leadership impact and employee satisfaction. This individual must be accessible and responsive to our management and employees, be passionate about employee growth and development and be the type of individual who is self-motivated, driven and enjoys rolling up their sleeves up in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
About the job
At CSG, our HR mission is to cultivate a rewarding and positive culture that draws the very best employees, develops and retains them. We work as strategic assets for our leaders, offering insights gained from deep experience in human behavior and organizational dynamics. We understand the businesses we serve and can speak the language. We know that we exist to help CSG achieve its objectives through everything people-related.
This role is critical for our continued success. Our TAP organization conceives of and builds new technologies and products that serve our customers. This work requires innovation, agility and resilience. And our HR Director for TAP similarly needs to demonstrate these qualities to deliver value.
About the person
The ideal candidate for this role will have significant experience in: organizational design, succession planning, performance management, diversity and inclusion, business consulting, compensation and rewards, recognition programs, culture development, employee engagement, leadership coaching, talent management, conflict resolution, data analysis, and employee relations.
They will possess strong influence and collaboration skills, working closely and building consensus with their HR peers across COE’s and global locations, as well as business leaders and employees. This person will not only be comfortable challenging the status quo, but will thrive on it. They will have a passion for creative problem-solving, modernizing and upgrading how we do HR and creating a phenomenal employee experience. Additionally, they will be adept at balancing business needs and employee advocacy, understanding one cannot be compromised for the other.
This individual must be able to develop powerful, trusted relationships at all levels, engage in a humble and authentic way, and demonstrate genuine rapport with employees and leadership. They must serve as a visible, involved and engaged leader to employees throughout the organization. They have to be masterful at feedback and communications, knowing when to yield and when to push back, when to listen and when to speak, when to be influenced and when to stand firm. As an HR leader, this person unequivocally upholds our CSG culture and values.
The Director, HR must be highly organized and detail-oriented, following up with a sense of urgency and tracking progress against initiatives. He or she must have demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
Finally, our HR Director must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills including diplomacy, conscientiousness, flexibility, dependability, and a good sense of humor.
Key Responsibilities of the Job:
- Build relationships with business leaders to offer thought leadership on organizational and people-related strategy and execution.
- Manage the team responsible for delivering HR services and support to the Technology organization globally.
- Translate business unit strategies into people strategies; direct HR team in the execution of efforts to operationalize strategic vision. Ensures all Human Capital efforts and programs are in support of business initiatives.
- Implement HR plans and programs that support CSG’s strategic vision and business objectives.
- Clear out or improve systems and programs that are not adding value, but are impeding greater organizational success.
- Serve as key manager of integration efforts in M & A efforts, performing analysis, developing plans for effective culture assimilation and evaluating and executing on appropriate workforce alignments.
- Play an active and integral part in the company’s employment branding, culture and engagement efforts; driving change and evolving the company’s performance-oriented culture, including interpreting engagement results and translating into actions.
- Promotes a culture of accountability and excellence.
- Proactively partner and collaborate with internal HR colleagues (regional and global) to ensure the effective delivery of all business programs, processes and communications.
- Guide talent management program activities for the TAP organization. Facilitate and/or partner with COE’s in driving career models, and shaping employee development and learning.
- Develop plans to enhance organizational capability through team structures, business processes, or other organizational development means.
- Balance and effectively deliver against multiple priorities. Understand what is most important, commit appropriately and then ensure results are provided in a timely way.
- MA/MS or MBA degree, or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent work experience.
- 10 – 15 years working in HR, preferably in a variety of functions, including HRBP.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience directly supporting technology organizations and leaders, including engineers.
- Significant experience working as an HR Business Partner for a C-Level leader.
- Track record of success working in a complex and highly matrix organization, demonstrating influence and collaboration skills.
- Excellent communications skills, oral and written.
- Ability to develop and execute HR programs and strategies with ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
- A high degree of personal integrity and maturity including the ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple processes and priorities at once.
- Strong experience with coaching and developing employees and managers.
- Exceptional analytical abilities including utilizing data and metrics.
- Deep experience with HR systems including implementing, maintaining and optimizing; experience with Workday a plus.
At CSG, we celebrate, support and thrive on individual differences, for the benefit of our employees and our customers.We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.