Director, Human Resources Business Partner at Jellyvision (Chicago, IL)
Jellyvision is hiring a Director, Human Resources Business Partner
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
What we do
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX, a platform that saves employees and their employers money by making tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—less confusing and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need a Director, HR Business Partner to help us continue on our journey.
Who we are
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
How you’ll help
Jellyvision is looking for an experienced Director, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to join our People Team and serve as a strategic consultant and advisor to executives and their respective teams. This newly created position will report to the Chief People Officer and play a critical role in establishing the HR Business Partner role at Jellyvision and working with leaders to enable and accelerate organization objectives and performance through forward-thinking organizational development and talent management strategies. This position will also partner closely with People Team colleagues (Talent Acquisition, People Operations, and DEI) to deliver and execute People Team strategies and initiatives. You will also serve as a conduit and voice of the business to the People Team and leverage your depth of business knowledge to inform People Team initiatives.
The successful candidate is an innovative HR and talent strategist with experience as the HRBP for dynamic, complex organizations. You have a reputation for developing and implementing talent strategies that transform leaders and teams and are willing to roll up your sleeves to implement HR processes. You’re also an excellent relationship builder, collaborator and communicator that is motivated by helping teams and people win!
What you’ll do
- Provide strategic partnership and counsel to designated executives and their teams on all people related matters.
- Work closely with leaders to develop and drive people & talent related strategies and initiatives in the areas of organization development, talent management & development, employee engagement, and employee relations.
- Oversee design and/or delivery of key people processes such as organizational design/structure, workforce development/planning, talent reviews, performance management & calibration, retention strategies, employee engagement, and succession planning.
- Partner closely with colleagues across the People Team to design and deliver innovative and adaptive HR initiatives across all aspects of the employee life-cycle.
- Serve as change management consultant responsible for planning and implementing effective change management strategies, communications and training in support of major team or organizational changes.
- Be the initial point of contact for all employee relations matters and partner with leaders & managers to address/ resolve employee relations issues.
- Acts as a liaison to the broader People Team to provide critical business insights and ensure that People Team programs and services effectively support the organization’s needs.
- Provide counsel to leaders on employment laws such as ADA, FMLA, FLSA, Title VII, etc.
- Leverage people data and analytics to proactively provide insights to leaders that inform decision making and enable change.
Experience & skills you’ll need
- A minimum of 8 years experience in a Human Resources Business Partner role with significant experience working with senior leaders; experience in a fast-paced technology organization is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Psychology, Business, Organization Effectiveness or related field preferred
- Experience supporting Technology, Product and/or Revenue teams is desirable
- Strategic HR advisor with a breadth and depth of knowledge in the areas of organizational development, talent management, engagement, learning/development, total rewards, etc.
- Expertise in HR best practices with the ability to build and implement sustainable people & talent strategies
- Proven ability to engage, inspire, and influence others
- Strong organization, analytical, and project management skills
- Thoughtful, courageous communicator who delivers clear, relevant, and effective communications to audiences at all levels
- Strong business acumen with the ability to translate business needs into talent solutions and outcomes
- A natural collaborator with the ability to build and sustain strong relationships and partnerships with multiple stakeholders
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all people and talent related strategies and processes
- Balances Stakeholders
- Business Insight
- Communicates Effectively
- Decision Quality
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Plans and Aligns
- Strategic Mindset
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!