Director of Human Resources
BenchPrep is looking for a senior leader to join our Chicago team as a Director of Human Resources. The human resource director is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function.
As our Human Resources Director, you have experience leading multi-team engagements. You may have previously held titles such as Director, Senior Manager, or Program Manager. As a visionary and leader responsible for the overall success of these engagements, you’ll align the teams with our clients’ goals and outline a path to achieve them. Through your leadership, you’ll establish the proper structure, practices, tools, and support for your team’s success as well as all parties involved. You would helm a growing department at a company that is also rapidly expanding which requires adaptability.
You’re known for your ability to establish trust, communicate effectively, and foster culture change with a variety of stakeholders. You’ll be the direct link between the people within the company and those excited to be a part of it in the coming years.
You will be the culture carrier for BenchPrep.
Why work at BenchPrep?
We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to its mission and approach each day as an opportunity to be challenged and learn. This will be the very first HR role at BenchPrep and so we are looking for a high performing and motivated professional who is willing to build out the HR function from the ground up.
What You’ll Do as the Director of Human Resources:
- Annually review and make recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation to ensure organization's compliance.
- Own the communication and roll-out of any change to employee policy.
- Assist executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
- Coordinate and conduct exit interviews when appropriate.
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the COO, on personnel matters.
- Work directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Recommend, evaluate and participate in staff development for the organization.
- Develop and maintain a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
- Supervise the staff of the human resource department.
- Participate on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
What your day could look like:
- Lead the development of training materials and conducting training sessions
- Meeting with team members to gather feedback on their professional and personal development goals
- Develop strategies to enhance our abilities to find shared core values and strengths during the recruiting and interview process.
- Worked together with organizational leaders to develop a hiring roadmap for the next quarter, next year.
- Managing candidate pipeline and communication process to ensure that there is a positive candidate experience, regardless of the outcome.
- Being the face of BenchPrep at recruiting and employer branding events
- Responsible for the on-boarding process to ensure each candidate is ready and excited to start
What is needed:
- 10+ years human resource and recruiting experience with an emphasis on proactively identifying and recruiting top talent for a high-growth startup market
- Bachelor's degree in HR or comparable combination of education and HR related experience. PHR/SPHR a plus but not required
- Worked in a high growth environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with hiring managers and candidates
- Managed a team (people & budget)
- The ability to operationalize scalable, repeatable people processes
- Experience developing or implementing a recruitment and onboarding program
- Impeccable and tactful communication skills
At BenchPrep, we are committed to maintaining a culture that is inclusive and diverse. Our colleagues foster an environment that is warm, supportive, and helpful where we treat each other exceptionally well. We are looking to add curious, driven, and creative individuals to our team who are ready to grow with us!